teams4Wildix - Microsoft Phone System Setup Guide
Oct 28, 2021 08:19
This Guide describes the process of Microsoft Phone System Setup.
General documentation on teams4Wildix can be found here: teams4Wildix - integration of Microsoft Teams with Wildix PBX - Documentation
Additional documentation be found on teams4Wildix portal -> Services -> Teams -> Documents.
Created: July 2021
- WMS version: 5.03.20210623.1 or higher
- Activated CLASSOUND
- Wildix UC-ESSENTIAL / UC-BUSINESS / UC-PREMIUM license for each user
Additional requirements for Microsoft Phone System:
- Monthly subscription fee. The fee is purchased for the entire PBX on WMP (the option for purchasing is coming soon. If you want to activate Mode 2, please contact your Area Manager)
- Microsoft 365 (Office 365) E5 or Microsoft 365 (Office 365) E3 + Phone system for each user
Step 1: Enable MS Phone System for your customer - instruction for Partner
The steps specified in this chapter are carried out by the Wildix Partner.
Step 1. Request MS Teams Phone System service on WMP
- Access WMP → select the Customer → select the PBX → click Edit
Enable the checkbox next to MS-PhoneSystem
- Click Save in the upper right-hand part of the screen and proceed with confirming your order.
- You will receive indications regarding your next steps via email from Wildix Customer Care.
Step 2. Provide the needed information to the Wildix Customer Care
Once you request the service on WMP, a ticket to Wildix Customer care is opened automatically. You will receive an email requesting the following information regarding your customer:
- Amount of users that require Mode 2 (MS Phone System) of the Integration (please note that these users must have 365 E3 plan + phone system license or 365 E5 plan on the Microsoft side)
- Email of a customer's admin (email(s) of one user or more users who have admin rights in the customer's Microsoft domain). Multiple emails can be sent and set up
Once this information is provided, you will need to wait till the system is added to the dedicated teams4Wildix portal.
Step 2. Set up Microsoft Phone System - instruction for the end customer
The steps specified in this chapter are carried out by the Partner's end customer (the user who has admin rights on the MS domain of the company).
To be able to make calls using Teams Dialpad, you need to set up the connection between your PBX and Office 365 tenant. For that, activate an account on https://admin.teams4wildix.com/.
Step 1. Activate an account on the teams4wildix portal
Once you receive an invitation via email, click Accept Invitation to access the portal https://admin.teams4wildix.com/:
Access the teams4Wildix portal using your Microsoft 365 credentials Go to Getting Started -> Prerequisites tab and click Check My Tenant:
- Select Microsoft account with admin rights and the required licenses
- If the account meets all the requirements, Tenant check is successful and you can click Next to go to the next step:
Step 2. Create PBX
You are under PBX tab. To add your PBX, proceed with these steps:
- 1 - Select Teams4Wildix from the available templates
- 2 - Select your country from the list
- 3 - Enter your PBX domain name
- 4 - Check off Manage Teams Calling Policy
- 5 - Select Prohibit Voicemail & Call Forwarding under Teams Voicemails
- 6 - Select PBX Hold Music under Music On Hold
Click Add PBX
Step 3. Sync the portal with your MS account
You are under Teams tab. To sync teams4Wildix portal with your Microsoft account, follow these steps:
- Click Enable Service
- Select the same MS account used in Step 1
- Once the sync is active, click Next to go to Step 4
Sync may take up to 15 minutes
Step 4. Add users
- Use user extension (NOT usernames) as SIP Username and Auth Username
- Use SIP password (NOT web password) as Password. To get SIP passwords, export user's data in WMS -> Users -> Export CSV. In the downloaded file, actual passwords can be found in column SipPassword
You are under Users tab now. To add users, follow these steps:
- Click Add User
- 1 - Select a User from
- 2 - SIP Username and
- 3 - Auth Username -
- 4 - Password - enter user SIP password
- Click Add to create a user
Microsoft Phone System Usage
Note: This Mode allows also using Collaboration Plugin Mode.
To place calls using Teams Dialpad, go to Calls tab and click Dial a number. To control an active call (put it on pause/ resume, transfer, etc), click More actions (three dots).