W02/04BRI pre 2020 - Quick Installation Guide - English
Jul 07, 2020 18:50
The steps below help you to connect and configure your BRI gateway. W02BRI and W04BRI pre 2020 are ISDN VoIP media gateways that offer respectively 4 or 8 voice channels.
Updated: June 2015
Connection to power supply (old generation models without PoE)
Connect the gateway using the power supply and the cable provided with the gateway, as it is shown on the picture:
Connection to Ethernet
The network port is situated on the rear panel of the gateway, marked as “Network”. It is used as a WAN port and configured in the DHCP client mode.
Connect the cable as it is shown on the picture:
- The gateway should be connected via Ethernet cable to the same network as the PBX or an external DHCP server (for instance its Router)
- As soon as the DHCP server assigns an IP address to the gateway, you can pass to the next step of the gateway configuration
You should connect to the PBX in order to configure the gateway
- In case the PBX is used as a DHCP server, the gateway is detected on the network automatically
- In case an external DHCP server is used, check the list of the active leases to detect the IP address assigned to the gateway
Connection to the line
On the rear panel of the BRI gateway, there are from one to four ports marked as "Bri1 – Bri4". Connect your Bri lines to these ports, as it is shown on the picture below:
Provisioning and configuration of the gateway
For auto-provisioning of BRI gateway, follow our online Guide.
For remote/unreachable media gateways behind NAT/Firewall, follow our online Guide to remote provisioning.
Reset of the gateway
In case you need to reconfigure the BRI gateway, you should perform a reset procedure, as shown on the picture. The switch marked as “Reset/Default” is situated on the rear panel of the gateway.
- Use the paper clip or the object of the similar shape to press the button
- Hold the button until all the LEDs of the gateway stop blinking and remain turned on (circa 10 seconds)
- Release the button and wait for the reboot of the gateway
In case the LEDs remain turned on for more than one minute after the reset procedure, disconnect the power supply and repeat the reset procedure when the device starts.