Feb 20, 2018 21:07Mobile Apps for Android / iOS: FAQ
Below there is a list of the frequently asked questions and answers which explain the behavior of Android and iOS with push notifications.
Updated: December 2017
Q1: I continue to receive calls and messages even when the app is closed
This is how PUSH notifications work! Thanks to them, you are sure not to miss any important call or message.
Q2: I’ve updated both the PBX and the Android app, but I still don’t receive calls and messages in idle
On some Android devices push notification are blocked by default.
To enable them:
- HUAWEI P8/ P8 Lite: Settings -> Protected Apps, enable the option for Wildix and restart the app
- HUAWEI P9 / P9 Lite: Settings -> Battery -> App Power Saving -> Close apps after screen lock, disable Close apps after screen lock and restart the app
Q3: I don’t want to receive calls and messages when I’m not at work, e.g. during closing hours
To disable push notifications and disconnect from VoIP and Presence server, open the app and set user status to Offline. Otherwise, log out from the app.
Q4: Which ports must be open for push notifications?
- PBX must be connected to the Internet and be able to communicate with push.wildix.com server
- iOS: a direct, unproxied connection to Apple Push Notification servers from smartphone is necessary on ports TCP 5223; TCP 2195; TCP 2196; TCP 443
- Android: a direct, unproxied connection to the Google Cloud Messaging server on ports 5228, 5229 and 5230 from smartphone is necessary
Q5: After the app goes to background, Android / iOS client disappears from the list of active devices from Collaboration
Android / iOS device is present in Collaboration device choice only when SIP registration is present (when app is active).
Q6: A different user on a different PBX was logged in on my device. After I logged in again with my user, I continue to receive calls of the previous user
This happens because the previous user has not logged out correctly, your phone is still subscribed to receive push notifications of the previous user.
- Log in again with that user (make sure the phone is connected to the internet and that PBX is accessible)
- Press Log out (it is not sufficient to change PBX name and access credentials)
Q7: Call history is empty inside the Wildix mobile app
(This question is not related to push notifications).
Make sure that:
- Backend for CDR is enabled in WMS Settings -> PBX -> CDR
- ACL group of your user does not have restriction “Cannot use” -> “History”
Q8: Pictures and videos taken with iOS11 on iPhone 7 or higher and sent via Collaboration app cannot be opened
Currently pictures/ videos taken with iOS11 on iPhone 7 or higher are saved in HEIC/ HEVC format and are not converted to JPEG/ H.264 format automatically when they are sent via Collaboration app.
The issue is that pictures/ videos received in HEIC/ HEVC format cannot be opened then on MacOS Sierra or less/ on Windows. They are opened only on MacOS High Sierra.
To resolve the issue:
- Go to iPhone Settings -> Camera -> Formats
- Enable Most Compatible option
When you take a picture / a video next time, it will be converted to JPEG / H.264 format and can be opened on any OS mentioned above.