A user wants to change a standard IVR announcement from an external phone. To override restriction of not being able to dial feature code 74 as external caller - we can use configure it via Dialplan.
To For the configuration, the previously recorded audio message is used ("test" in our example):
It is the original message that was recorded via Feature Code "Shared record" 74/ message recording option in WMS -> Sounds. The idea is to replace it with the new one. When an external caller dials a DID to hit the Dialplan entry shown below - , a beep sound is played and the recording starts immediately. You can also add "Play sound" application to announce that a message will be recorded after "Beep" a beep sound (optional).
To use this custom application, we need to build the following entry into the dial plan (matching a DID of courseAdd Custom application (it should match DID configuration):
|PDF avoid Pagebreak|
- Custom application -> Record(/rw2/var/lib/callweaver/sounds/00000/test:alaw, 0,0,k)
It is the default path and is used by default. If you place your recording in another folder - you will see /path/to/file differently. In this example file is stored at , the path will be different. For example, ~/00000/MusicOnHold/ folder. To verify the path, open your Dialplan and use "Play sound" application and choose -> choose your message from Sounds menu:
- test:alaw - the message name and format
- 0 - silence: seconds of silence allowed before the recording is stopped. If missing or 0, silence detection is disabled
- 0 - maxduration: the maximum duration of the recording in seconds. If missing or 0, the maximum duration is not set
- k - option: may be ‘skip’ "skip" option to return immediately if the line is not up, or ‘noanswer’ "noanswer" to record even if the line is not up ( In our case this is k )
Other available options:
- a - extends the existing recording (doesn't replace it)
- n - does not answer, but record anyway if the line not yet answered
- q - quiets (do not play a beep tonesound is not played)
- s - skips recording if the line is not yet answered
- t - uses alternate ‘"*’ terminator key (DTMF) " DTMF key instead of default ‘#’"#"
- x - ignores all terminator sent DTMF keys (DTMF) and keep keeps recording until hangup
- k - keeps recorded file upon hangup
- y - terminates the recording if *any* DTMF digit is sent
Note: the k option is used in our example dial plan and should likely be used in your case so that the a person who is calling in to change the announcement can simple hang up OR press the "#" key to terminate the recording of the new announcement.