teams4Wildix - Microsoft Teams Integration with Wildix PBX
Jul 31, 2021 22:14
This Guide leads you through the process of teams4Wildix integration usage, starting from the Integration installation and activation, and ending with practical examples for call placing.
The Integration is free for those customers who have already activated CLASSOUND.
Microsoft Teams Integration webpage: https://www.wildix.com/microsoft-teams/
Created: July 2021
teams4Wildix Video Tutorial
Wildix offers 2 modes of Integration usage.
Mode 1. Collaboration Plugin: it provides access to all advanced features by Wildix (check the attached Datasheet for the highlights )
- Mode 2. Microsoft Phone System: besides the advantages of Mode 1, it allows MS Teams users to place and receive calls using Teams Dialpad (Calls tab of the MS Teams interface)
- No sync between MS Teams and Wildix Collaboration user statuses
- No support for Wildix phonebooks
- WMS version: 5.03.20210623.1 or higher
- Activated CLASSOUND
- Wildix UC-ESSENTIAL / UC-BUSINESS / UC-PREMIUM license for each user
Additional requirements for Microsoft Phone System:
- Monthly subscription fee. The fee is purchased for the entire PBX on WMP
- Microsoft 365 (Office 365) E5 or Microsoft 365 (Office 365) E3 + Phone system for each user
Wildix Collaboration Plugin Setup
Step 1. Download and activate the Plugin for all company employees (done by MS domain admin)
- Download the Plugin from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1H9fOTNJg6UQIZV4WeGwkCwtG4PoXh9lQ
Go to Apps tab located on the bottom-left menu of Microsoft Teams
Click Upload a customized app option and select Upload for my org (the option is available only for users with admin rights for the company MS domain):
Browse your computer and choose teams4wildix_integration_plugin.zip package downloaded on Step 1:
Click Open to upload the Application to Microsoft Teams
- A new section Built for your org appears in Apps tab and Wildix app can be added by colleagues of your organization
- All Company Members can now add the Application in their MS Teams interface
Step 2. Install the Integration (users)
Go to Apps tab located on the bottom-left menu of Microsoft Teams
Proceed to Built for your org section:
Click Wildix and Add to add the Application:
Login to Wildix Collaboration inside MS Teams
Once users finish the setup process, they can access the Wildix Application from the left sidebar of the MS Teams interface by clicking on the Wildix icon.
The first time users open the Wildix tab, they are invited to enter the PBX domain name:
Users can change the PBX any time by opening the Wildix tab inside MS Teams and accessing the tab Settings. To change the PBX, first click to Remove the previous PBX and then enter the new PBX domain into the input field and click Save.
Once users have added the PBX, they need to log in to Wildix Collaboration (Phone tab of the Wildix app inside MS Teams):
Option to use Collaboration Web Phone to control calls from MS Teams
To be able to control calls from MS Teams, users need a SIP device registered to their account. This can be a Wildix SIP phone for example, or a Wildix Collaboration Web Phone (place and receive calls directly from the browser).
To use Collaboration Web Phone as a SIP device, users need to activate Call control only option when logging to Collaboration inside MS Teams (see the previous screenshot - option Call Control only must be checked). This option allows users to control another Wildix Collaboration running in the browser or as a native app.
Prior to WMS version 5.03.20210709.3, the PBX admin should globally enable this option on the PBX so that it becomes available on the Collaboration login screen for users.
To enable the Call control option, the admin of the PBX should:
- Connect to the PBX via SSH as a root user
- Edit the config file /rw2/etc/env.ini (or custom /rw2/etc/env.custom.ini for persistence) by setting the parameter CALL_CONTROL_FEATURE=true
Starting from WMS v 5.03.20210709.3, Collaboration in MS Teams is loaded with Call control only mode enabled automatically.
Users who want to use Collaboration Web Phone to control calls from MS Teams need to have a second Collaboration running in the browser or as a native app.
Control calls from MS Teams
In the first mode of teams4Wildix integration, users need to use the Wildix tab to manage calls, not the MS Teams dialpad (not the MS Teams Calls tab).
For information regarding how to manage calls from the MS Teams dialpad, please consult the document MS Teams Phone System, which explains in detail how to set up and use the second mode of teams4wildix integration.
To start placing and receiving calls from MS Teams, users need to first select the active SIP device in the device selection list located next to the green Call button. This device can be a Wildix SIP phone, such as WelcomeConsole, Vision, SuperVision, Start, WorkForce, a W-AIR DECT headset or handset, iOS or Android Collaboration app, or it can be Web (which stands for Collaboration Web Phone - second Collaboration running in the browser or as a native app).
Select the active device in the list of active devices in Wildix Collaboration:
Other communication options
In addition to the ability to manage calls, users can benefit from all other features offered by Wildix Collaboration, such as:
- send and receive faxes and SMS
- check Voicemails
- set up call forwarding rules
- and other, for more information, consult Collaboration User Guide.
Note: Since MS Teams interface offers its own chat option, users are not supposed to use chat inside Wildix Collaboration to avoid confusion between the two systems.
Starting from WMS v 5.03.20210709.3, it is possible to disable chats in Collaboration:
To disable chats, the PBX admin needs to:
- Connect to your PBX via SSH as a root user
- Edit the config file /rw2/etc/env.custom.ini by adding the parameter COLLABORATION_CHAT_ALLOW=false
If disabled, users do not have access to Chat tab in Collaboration, including Chat and Post-It options in Colleagues, Feature keys, History tabs etc.
MS Phone System (second mode)
For information regarding how to set up and use the second mode of the teams4Wildix integration, called Microsoft Phone System which enables users to place and receive calls not only from Collaboration, but also from the Teams dialpad, consult the following Guides:
- Instruction for Wildix Partners: teams4Wildix - Instructions for Wildix Partner on MS Phone System Setup
- Instructions fro End Customers: teams4Wildix - Instructions for End Customers on MS Phone System Setup
Q1. Can teams4Wildix be integrated without CLASSOUND?
- No, CLASSOUND is required to have the Integration working.
Q2. Can another SIP trunk be used instead of CLASSOUND?
Q3. Can I as a partner install the Integration for end customers?
- In both Modes, an end customer admin is engaged. For Mode 1, an admin installs the integration for all company members. For Mode 2, MS admin account is needed for the initial setup on teams4Wildix portal, since Office 365 tenant checks the required licenses.
Q4. Can I control Teams Dialpad from Collaboration, for example, put a call on hold
- No, you cannot. Teams doesn’t allow controlling its Dialpad.
Q5. Can Teams contacts be dialed from Collaboration?
- Currently, no. Export of Microsoft phonebooks will be implemented later.
The user guide of the pre 2021 Microsoft Teams integration can be found here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1aUGV-v9EMhMCCs0LlydOpoYkUSrHoSyK.