teams4Wildix - Instructions for End Customers on MS Phone System Setup
Sep 21, 2021 15:03
The Instructions describe the process of Microsoft Phone System Setup for End Customer (the user who has admin rights on the MS domain of the company).
General documentation on teams4Wildix can be found here: teams4Wildix - integration of Microsoft Teams with Wildix PBX.
Additional documentation be found on teams4Wildix portal -> Services -> Teams -> Documents.
Created: July 2021
Set up Microsoft Phone System
To be able to make calls using Teams Dialpad, you need to set up the connection between your PBX and Office 365 tenant. For that, activate an account on https://admin.teams4wildix.com/.
Step 1. Activate an account on the teams4wildix portal
Once you receive an invitation via email, click Accept Invitation to access the portal https://admin.teams4wildix.com/:
Access the teams4Wildix portal using your Microsoft 365 credentials. Go to Getting Started -> Prerequisites tab and click Check My Tenant:
- Select Microsoft account with admin rights and the required licenses
- If the account meets all the requirements, the Tenant check is successful and you can click Next to go to the next step:
Step 2. Create PBX
You are under PBX tab. To add your PBX, fill out the fields specified below (no need to touch other fields):
- Start by selecting your PBX from the available templates: select Teams4Wildix
- Country: select your country from the list
- SIP Domain: enter your PBX domain name
- Calling Policy: check off Manage Teams Calling Policy
- Teams Voicemail: select Prohibit Voicemail & Call Forwarding
- Music on Hold: select PBX Hold Music
Click Add PBX
(below an example of a PBX that was already added on teams4Wildix portal)
Step 3. Sync the portal with your MS account
You are under Teams tab. To sync teams4Wildix portal with your Microsoft account, follow these steps:
- Click Enable Service
- Select the same MS account used in Step 1
- Once the sync is active, click Next to go to Step 4
Sync may take up to 15 minutes
Step 4. Add users
- Use user extension (NOT usernames) as SIP Username and Auth Username
- Use SIP password (NOT Web password) as Password. To get SIP passwords, export user's data in WMS -> Users -> Export CSV. In the downloaded file, actual passwords can be found in column SipPassword
You are under Users tab now. To add users, click Add User and fill out the fields specified below:
- Select a User: select user from the list of available users
- Phone Number: this should be a unique number, it can be an extension number
- SIP Username: enter user extension number
- Auth Username: enter user extension number (again)
- Password: enter user SIP password (do not mix up with user Web password!)
Click Add to create a user
You can also import users via CSV to create users or update (use the button Import Users located next to Add user).
Microsoft Phone System Usage
Using Microsoft Phone System service enables you to place and receive calls from the Calls dialpad of MS Teams interface. However, with Microsoft Phone System you can still use all the features described in the general teams4Wildix document as well. Consult the guide: teams4Wildix - integration of Microsoft Teams with Wildix PBX - Documentation.
To place calls using Teams Dialpad, go to Calls tab, enter an internal or an external phone number and start a call. You can control an active call (put it on pause/ resume, transfer, etc) from the MS Teams call dialog: