iOS Collaboration Mobile App Guide - English
Dec 14, 2018 16:47
Wildix Collaboration Mobile application provides access to Wildix Unified Communications from your iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
iOS Version: 6.6.35244
To check the current version, go to iOS changelog: https://www.wildix.com/new-releases-and-updates/collaboration-ios-app-changelog/
WMS Version: 3.88
Updated: November 2018
Before using the app
To use this application, you must be a user of a Wildix system and have fast internet connection that doesn’t block VoIP traffic.
Ports to open: Ports used by Wildix services
Use of App outside the office network: the first time you make a login from the local network, the PBX sends the settings of the public network to the application (the same for connection from the public IP). The app tries to connect using the first IP and if it fails, it moves to the second one, thus ensuring the connection both when you are in or outside the office network.
- WMS version 3.84.35087 or higher
- iOS version 9.0 or higher (iOS 12)
- Minimum iPhone 4S
Thanks to push notification, the app no longer needs to run all the time. Once you receive a call / a text, the app “wakes up” in the background, even in case the app was closed.
Read about push notification: https://blog.wildix.com/what-is-push-notification-for-mobile-apps/.
Sync of enterprise phonebooks
Sync of enterprise phonebooks is not necessary: live search in PBX phonebooks is supported directly from Dialplad.
- Go to iPhone Settings -> Accounts & Passwords
- Select Add Account
- Select Other
- Select Add CardDAV Account
- Enter the Server name (PBX domain name or IP), User name, Password and Description
Now all your PBX contacts appear in your iPhone phonebook. Go to iPhone Phone -> Contacts and select the groups that you wish to be displayed in the phonebook of your iPhone.
Launch the app:
- Domain: PBX IP or domain name
Note: you can enter the PBX name, wildixin.com domain is added automatically.
User name: Extension / User name / Email address
- Password: WEB password of a user for access to Collaboration
You can use Google/ Office 365 credentials for single sign-on.
Two-factor authentication (2FA)
It is possible to use 2FA authentification for login. The option can be enabled in Collaboration -> Settings -> Personal.
Detailed information can be found in Collaboration User Guide.
Access to microphone and contacts
Follow the instructions to enable access to your phone's microphone and contacts.
1 - Call history
2 - Contacts
3 - Dialpad/ Function Keys/ Active call
4 - Chat
5 - Settings
- Tap Dialpad
- Tap status icon / user picture
- Tap on the current status and select the new one: DND / Away / Offline / Online
- Enter your status message (optional)
Note: for DND / Away it is possible to set up expiry time via Until option (optional), after which your status passes to online.
Note: offline status is available only for mobile apps and it allows you to disconnect from Presence and VoIP servers; you will not receive push notifications at all.
You can use real-time search in PBX phonebooks to place calls.
Note: You can also sync your enterprise phonebooks if you want them to appear in Contacts menu of Wildix Mobile Collaboration App. Refer to this Chapter for detailed information.
Place a call from Dialpad
- Tap Dialpad
- Select the mode to place a call:
- VoIP: place a call via the PBX (recommended in case you have fast and reliable Internet connection)
- Callback: you receive a callback from the PBX via Mobile network (make sure your mobile number is indicated in Settings -> Personal)
Direct Call: place a call via Mobile network
Start entering user’s name or number / extension in the Search field to find a user / a contact
Tap on a user / a contact you wish to call. The call is placed automatically
- Enter the number using Dialpad
- Tap the green Handset button
From Function keys
Note: Before using the feature, configure function keys (FK) in Collaboration -> Settings -> Function keys. You can configure up to 20 FK. For more information, read Collaboration Guide, Function key section.
- Tap Dialpad / Function keys/ Active call to switch to Function keys menu
- Tap on a function key you wish to call
- Select Call from the drop-down list
From Enterprise Contacts
Note: by default the local contacts from your device’s phonebook appear in this menu; to access the enterprise phonebooks, set up the sync of contacts, as described in the chapter Sync of enterprise phonebooks.
- Tap the contact you wish to call
- Tap the number you wish to call
Note: a call is made using the mode selected in Dialpad menu (VoIP / Callback / Direct Call).
- Go to History
- Tap on a user
- A call is placed automatically
- Go to Voicemail
- Tap on a voicemail message from a user you'd like to call
- Select Call from the drop-down list
- Open a chat session with a user
- Tap Handset button
- The call is placed automatically
Note: In case you received a Call me back request from another user, it is displayed in chat and it is possible to place a callback to this user by tapping Call me back.
From your device’s contacts
- Tap a contact in your iOS contacts
- Tap and hold the Call button
- Select Collaboration
From Browser (Support of URI for call generation)
Thanks to URI support, it is possible to generate a call from the browser by clicking on a link containing a phone number. It allows you to start calls from various web pages.
where [phone_number] parameter can also start with “+”
To generate a call from the browser:
- Tap on a telephone number containing the supported link
- Select Collaboration from the drop-down list
Answer a call
Note: on iOS mobile calls and VoIP calls have the same priority, you VoIP call is not interrupted in case you receive an incoming mobile call.
- Tap the blue Tick button to answer
- Tap the red Crossmark button to decline
During a call you can navigate your device, open the App and tap Dialpad to come back to the active call.
1 - Video
2 - Hold
3 - Transfer
4 - Record a call
5 - Mute
6 - Speakerphone. Tap to switch to Speaker mode and vice versa. If you use AirPods, please consult the next chapter for details
7 - Conference (in case there is more than one active call)
8 - DTMF
9 - Hang up
10 - Switch back to Dialpad/ Functuin keys tabs to make a new call
Switch between speaker/ handset modes/ AirPods
If you have AirPods connected to your iPhone, you can switch to them during an active call:
- Hold Speakerphone button for 2 seconds to display the list of available audio modes
- Select the needed mode from the list:
- IPhone (Handset)
(transfer without notification)
- Tap Transfer button during a call
- Tap Contact to select a number from the phonebook or Number to manually enter the number
- Select a contact and tap the number / enter the number and tap the green Handset button
(transfer with notification)
- Tap New call button during a call
- Make a new call (select a contact from Contacts or dial the number manually)
- Wait till the other party answers (the previous call is now on hold)
- Tap Transfer button and select the call on hold to complete the transfer
Transfer via Function keys
Transfer option via Function keys "Colleague", "Park Orbit" and "Speed dial" is available:
- Go to Function keys tab during a call
- Select the function key to transfer a call
- Tap Transfer for blind transfer, otherwise tap Call to start a call first (attended transfer)
Control of active calls on other devices and Call continuity
Control of active calls on other devices
The feature allows you to view and control own active calls on other devices registered to your account. You can hold/ resume, record, hang up a call as well as send DTMF.
With the help of the feature it is possible to pass your active calls from other devices to iOS or another specific device.
To pass an active call to iOS Collaboration app:
- Tap Call continuity button
- A call is automatically picked up on iOS
To pass an active call to a specific device:
- Tap and hold Call continuity button
- Select a device from the list
- A call is automatically picked up on the selected device
Note: in case there is no need to monitor active calls or use Call continuity, you can switch back to Dialpad/ Function keys tabs.
All the colleagues added to your roster appear in Chat menu.
- Tap Chat
- Use the search field to find a user
- Tap a user and enter your message
- Tap Paperclip icon to send the message
Note: To delete a chat session with a user, swipe it left.
Start a chat session from History
You can also start a chat session with a user from History tab.
- Go to History
- Select a user you would like to chat with and tap the double Arrowhead icon to view user contact details
- Tap Send message
Note: If you delete a chat session with a user, you can restore it from History via Send message option.
Send a File / an Image / a Post-It
Send a file / an image:
- Start a chat with a user
- Tap +
- Select the source:
Photo & Video Library
Note: The maximum file size to be sent is 100Mb.
Send a Post-It
- Start a chat with a user
- Write your message
- Tap +
- Select the option Send as Post-It
Send a voice recording
- Start a chat with a user
- Press and hold Microphone icon to record a message
- After you finish, release to send
Note: To cancel voice recording without sending, slide left.
Participate in Ubiconf videoconference
- Open a chat session with a user who sent an invitation
- Tap on the invitation
- Select Join to enter the conference room via Safari browser (open automatically) or Call to access the conference in audio-mode only
- Only audio and chat, no video in Safari
- DND status "in conference" is removed after the conference is finished, but is not removed automatically after closing tab with conference
- User authorization is required to enter the conference
- It is impossible to create a conference from iOS app; it is possible to participate in the conference if you were invited (you receive an invitation via chat)
Note: Call history and missed calls notifications are synced over the PBX among all the devices registered to your account (except for W-AIR handsets).
Tap History to access the log of calls. Incoming, outgoing and missed calls (highlighted in red) are displayed in All tab. To view only missed calls, tap Missed tab.
Tap the double Arrowhead icon to view user contact details and a call log.
Note: in case the call log is empty, make sure that:
backend for CDR is enabled in WMS Settings -> PBX -> CDR
ACL group of your user does not have restriction “Cannot use” -> “History”
Note: calls via Collaboration application are also displayed in the device’s call history (Phone -> Recents).
Tap Voicemail tab to access your Voicemails
- To play back a voicemail message, tap Play button
- Other options: tap on a voicemail message to display the drop-down list: Call a user who left a message, Mark as read or Delete it
Multi-edit of Voicemails:
- Select one or multiple Voicemails
- Click Mark as read or Delete icon
Call recordings are now displayed and can be played back from History.
- To download a call recording, tap Audio file icon
- To play back a dowloaded recording, tap Play button
- To stop a playback, tap Stop button
In case there are several recordings of one call, they are displayed as a list.
- Account: login window
- Personal: contact details
- Features by call class (Internal, External, Blacklist, Whitelist)
Activate class: available for External / Blacklist / Whitelist (activates the class)
Call reject: if enabled, you do not receive incoming calls
Busy call forward: check the box and enter the number or VOICEMAIL, to enable call forwarding when busy on the phone
Unavailable call forward: check the box and enter the number or VOICEMAIL, to enable call forwarding in case of no answer
Force call forward: check the box and enter the number or VOICEMAIL, to enable the forwarding of all the incoming calls
Call waiting: enable to be able to receive more than one call at a time
Mobility with timeout: if enabled, you receive incoming calls to your mobile number after the specified timeout; mobile number must be configured in Collaboration Mobile app Settings -> Personal
Debug: if enabled, you can collect logs in case of crashes/ issues with the application. Detailed information can be found in Collecting logs from iOS apps chapter of Debugging of Mobile Apps Guide
Send (appears only after enabling Debug option): allows sending an email report with the collected logs to WIildix support
Use PBX LAN Address (enabled by default): the application connects to one of IP candidates: IP/domain and port 443 if a user did not specify a port on login page or IP/domain:port if user specifies a port on login page
Chat image quality: select one of the image resolutions (High/ Standard/ Low) to compress or improve quality of pictures/ photos before sending
Save chat images to gallery (enabled by default): allows saving images from chat sessions on the phone by tapping on it
Convert heic to jpeg (enabled by default): allows converting of .heic images into jpeg
- About: Info about App version and developer
- Tap Settings
- Tap the Log out icon:
Note: after you log out, you will no longer receive calls and messages.