Wizywebinar Quick Start Guide
Apr 21, 2021 05:54
This document is a complete guide explaining how you can enable access to Wizywebinar and use it to schedule and run your webinars.
Created: January 2021
Updated: April 2021
Wizywebinar White paper
Wizywebinar Video Tutorial - Enable Access
Requirements and features
- Min. WMS version 5.02.20201207.3
- UC-Wizywebinar license + UC-Business (or UC-Premium) license for each user who needs access to Wizywebinar
- Number of speakers per one Wizywebinar license: 1
- Number of simultaneous webinar sessions: 1
- Number of enabled recordings: 1
- Fully cloud-based, fully web-based, no client. No hardware required.
- Enterprise Security. Data is always protected with the highest level of SHA-256 with RSA Encryption.
- HD video conferencing. Up to high definition video quality and content sharing in 1080p.
- Record your meetings. Full MP4 recordings in HD with a single click, in the cloud.
- Lobby. Set up a lobby for your video conference and let your participants join later.
- Screen sharing
- Questions & answers. Let your participants ask questions during a video conference.
- Spam control. Ban users straight from the chat or mute it temporarily.
- Hand raise. Call on engaged students with a virtual hand raise for organized participation.
- Content library. Upload and share files with your audience.
- Whiteboard mark-up. Annotate as you present right on your screen.
- Broadcast live. On Facebook or YouTube, wherever your audience is.
- Mobile friendly. Connect from any phone, tablet, or mobile device.
Enable access to Wizywebinar
Step 1. Purchase licenses
At the first step, you need to purchase a dedicated license for Wizywebinar access. One license is required for each user who needs to have access.
Proceed with the following steps:
- Go to WMP -> Customers
- Select your company and customer
- Go to PBXes tab -> Select the PBX -> click on More options (three dots) and select Edit:
- Add the required amount of UC-Wizywebinar licenses and click Save:
Step 2. Create an associated contact
After you have purchased UC-Wizywebinar licenses, create a new associated contact for
- Go to Contacts tab and click + to add a new contact:
- Fill in First and Last Names and specify Email
- Tick off WizyWebinar Access
- Click Add
After WMP configuration, associate the previously created contact on WMP and a user in WMS by using Email.
Important: The user email address that you have specified for the contact on WMP should be the same!
- Create a new user or modify the already existing one in WMS -> Users
- Make sure the Email is the same that you used on WMP for Wizywebinar access and make sure this user has at least a Business license:
Schedule a webinar session
Create a webinar
(optional step) Change the language before creating a webinar.
If required, you can change the web interface's language:
- Click My profile located in the top left-hand part of the menu
- Select the language from the drop-down list
Click Update to save the change
You can start a webinar in just several clicks: Open Webinar tab in Collaboration and hit the Meet Now button located in the top right-hand part of the menu.
If you need more sophisticated scheduling options, keep on reading:
Click New Meeting:
Fill out mandatory fields: Topic, Start date and Duration:
Timezone: by default, your sessions are scheduled with your timezone. In case the meeting is going to take place in a different timezone you can change it by clicking change.
(Optional) Set Password and Friendly URL:
Password: If you would like your webinars to be more protected you can generate a password for them. You have the choice to make up a password or click on generate and a password will be created for you. Once you share the Webinar link with a participant remember that you need to give them the password too.
Friendly URL: You can customize the URL of your webinar. Otherwise, a random session ID will be created for you.
(Optional, you can do it later) Invite participants:
Write down First Name, Last Name, Email, and Role (Audience or Speaker) and click Add.
Click Save in the lower part of the screen.
Once saved the scheduled Meeting will appear on your Schedule (on the left panel, below Dashboard).
Edit or delete a scheduled webinar
After creating a webinar, you can edit or delete it in the Schedule tab. Click on the Schedule tab from the left-hand panel
To edit: Hover the mouse cursor over your scheduled meeting and click on the Pencil icon (Edit meeting)
To delete: Hover the mouse cursor over your scheduled meeting and click on the x icon (Delete meeting)
In this menu, you can see webinars scheduled by all the users, but you can edit only webinars scheduled by you.
Import participants via CSV file and invite them
- Click on the Schedule tab from the left-hand panel
Hover the mouse cursor over your scheduled meeting and click on the Pencil icon (Edit meeting)
Click on Advanced options in the lower part of the screen
Click on the tab Participants
Scroll down and click on Browse to select the CSV file on your PC
Make sure your CSV file is compliant with the required format: first_name, last_name, email, role (1 = speaker, 2 = audience), including headers.
first_name last_name role first_name_of_person1 last_name_of_person2 email@person1 1 first_name_of_person2 last_name_of_person2 email@person2 2
Click Upload to import the list of participants
Below the Browse button there are the following checkboxes providing you with additional control options:
- Add new contacts to address book
- Hide user count: when enabled, the total number and names of participants are visible in the participants’ panel
- Hide all notifications in the live room/ in recordings
Participants appear in the list of Speakers/ Audience, depending on their role
When the list of participants is complete, scroll down and hit Save
A new dialog opens, make your choice, whether or not the invitation emails should be sent to the participants:
Schedule a webinar - advanced options
- Click on the Schedule menu from the left-hand panel
Hover the mouse cursor over your scheduled meeting and click on the Pencil icon (Edit meeting)
Click Advanced options in the lower part of the screen
Description, Agenda, Recurrent webinar, Calendar link or file
In the first tab (Schedule), you have the following options to customize your webinar:
- Set a webinar as a Recurring event (1)
- Add Description (2)
- Add Agenda (3)
Decide whether or not to attach a calendar link/ file to the invitation email (4)
Access control: Lobby and Early access
Click on the tab Access. In this menu, you can control the access permissions to your webinar:
- Private/ Public (1): if you choose Private, only registered/ invited guests can enter the webinar. If you choose Public, anyone with the link can join.
- Turn on lobby (2): this feature allows you to manage who enters the room. When enabled, participants show up in the lobby list and are held there, unless the webinar host allows certain participants to enter the webinar or decides to remove a participant from the list.
- Early access: this option allows you to control how early participants can join the webinar.
Send invitations: Customizing invitation email, reminder and follow-up emails
Click on the tab Send Invitations. In this menu, you can customize the email sent out to the participants:
- Send a customized invitation email (1): here you can customize the content of your invitation email.
- Send a reminder email/ second reminder email (2): here you can decide when the first and the second reminder emails should be sent, as well as the content of these emails
- Send a follow-up email to attendees/ absentees (3): customize emails to be sent out to those who attended the webinar, and to those who were invited but didn't attend.
Run a webinar session
Join a scheduled webinar session as a host
- Click on the Schedule menu from the left-hand panel
Click on the scheduled Webinar to enter the room
The webinar room opens in a new browser tab and you are prompted to set the speakers:
Camera and microphone controls
You enter the room with the webcam and microphone disabled.
Click on the Camera and Microphone icons on the left panel to enable them:
You can additionally toggle your HD video settings on/ off. By default, HD video is turned on, however, to save bandwidth you can turn it off at any time.
To access Camera, Microphone and Speakers settings:
- Click on the Gear icon at the bottom of the left panel
- Click on Video and Audio
Managing the audience
There are two types of user roles:
- Speaker: someone who can broadcast their audio and video as well as control all aspects of the webinar. Note that the number of Speakers per 1 Wizywebinar license is limited to one Speaker.
- Audience: someone who attends the webinar and is largely a passive viewer. They cannot share their content in a meeting unless granted permission to do so by a Speaker.
To manage Participants you need to open the Participants panel: click on the Participants icon on the left panel
Invite participants during a webinar
Click on the Add participant icon located on the left panel.
You have two options here:
- Invite people by email: enter people's emails into the field and hit Enter. They receive an email with the link to join. The link is pre-authenticated, so they don't need to insert the password, should your webinar have any. You can drag and drop the added email addresses to assign them the Speaker role. Once you have built your invite list, hit the green invite button.
- Share this link to invite other participants: this option allows you to send out the meeting link and password manually to the intended audience.
The lobby feature can be either enabled upon scheduling a webinar or during the session.
Disable/ enable lobby during the session:
- Click on the Lock icon in the upper part of the Participants panel to enable/ disable lobby
A green dot right next to the Participants icon indicates that the lobby is active.
When the lobby is turned on, all the participants’ names will be listed under the Users Waiting in the Lobby section in the Participants panel. From there, you have the option to (1) Allow User to enter the room, Remove Participant, or (2) Allow all users to enter the Room.
Manage the audience
- Click the Participants icon
- Find your audience member in the list and click on three dots in the upper part of the Participants panel
- Move to speaker: gives administrative permission to a participant as well as the possibility to broadcast their audio and video
- Give broadcast permission: gives permission to broadcast audio and video
- Give presentation permission: grants permission to the webinar's whiteboard, and a permission to start screen sharing
- Ban participant: allows you to ban participant for a period of time by their IP
- Remove participant: expells participant from the webinar
You can remove certain permission (e.g. presentation or broadcast) in the same way as you granted it.
Stop other broadcasts
A Speaker has the ability to stop all other broadcasts in a room, except for their own:
- Click the Participants icon
- Click on the three dots next to the lock icon and click Stop other broadcasts
Conversations panel is where you can interact were your Audience, and where they can interact with you and each other throughout the meeting.
Click on the Message icon on the left panel to open the Conversation panel:
In here, Speakers will see two channels :
- Everyone: This is a channel for chatting with everyone in the meeting.
- Speakers: This is a private channel for Speakers only. Audience members will not have access to Speakers channel.
You access a channel by clicking on it.
Both Speakers and Audience members can do a lot in Conversations – like react to messages with emojis or format text in different styles.
Speakers can also clear chat history and both Speakers and Audience can export chat history by clicking on the three dots in the upper part of the Conversations panel.
Questions and Answers
When inside a Meeting you have the option to ask questions as Audience and Speakers will be able to answer them.
Click on the Question icon on the left panel to open the Questions & Answers panel:
This option allows you to show the message to everyone on the main screen and to answer it live.
To use the live answer option: Click on the queued question and hit Live Answer in the lower part of the Questions & Answer panel (next to Type your answer here) and start answering.
The question shows Being answered live next to it until you hit Stop – then it shows as Answered live:
You can start a vote related to questions with other audience members.
To request a public vote: Click on the three dots next to the question and click Request public vote.
You can see the number change while the audience members cast their votes:
Once inside your meeting, to start screen share, click on the Screen icon on the left panel.
You can choose among three options:
- Your Entire Screen allows you to share everything that is showing on your desktop
- Application Window allows you to select a specific program and only share that selection with your audience
- Browser Tab allows you to select only one tab from the ones you have open in your browser to share with your audience
To open the in-meeting whiteboard, click on the Pencil icon on the left panel. Speakers have a set of whiteboard tools on the right-hand side of the Content Viewer window, for drawing on a whiteboard or annotating shared documents.
Content Library is where you manage documents and other media that you plan to share with your audience in a webinar. It supports lots of file types including all office document formats as well as MP4s and many image formats.
To access Content library, click on the Graph icon on the left panel:
Upload file and share it with the Audience
- Click on Create new in the upper part of the Content library panel. Click Upload file from the drop-down list and select the file to upload.
- Once the file has been uploaded, hover the mouse cursor over it and click on the Eye icon next to the name of the file
- File preview opens. Click Show from the file preview that
You also have an option to share a file from URL without uploading it or a web app: Click on Create new and select the corresponding options from the drop-down list:
You can use the same set of tools available for the Whiteboard (on the right-hand side of the screen), to annotate your documents:
Play a YouTube video
- Click on Create new in the upper part of the Content library panel. Click Add YouTube video from the drop-down
- New dialog Add YouTube video opens, enter the URL of the video into the input field
- Double-click on the name of the video to show it to the Audience
Start a poll
You can also manage polls through your Content library.
To create a poll:
- Click on the Polls tab from the Content library panel. Click on Create new poll
Type your question into the field Add question. Click the + Add option and type your answer option into the field. You can add more answer options.
When finished, click Save to save the poll in the Content library. Click Save and open to save the poll in the Content library and open it for your audience to vote
Through Livestream you can broadcast your meeting to a larger audience via Facebook Live or YouTube.
To start live streaming, click on the Broadcast icon from the left panel:
For detailed instructions on how to get the stream key, read the guide: https://training.wildix.com/ubiconf-live-streaming/.
To start/stop a recording, click on the Rec icon from the left panel:
Access your recordings
To access your recordings:
- Open Wizywebinar tab in Collaboration
- Click Recordings from the left panel
- Double-click on the file to view the recording. Hover the mouse over athe and click the green arrow-down icon to download it.
End a webinar session
To end a webinar session, click on the Exit icon from the left panel:
- Disconnect audience users
- Leave session
- End session
You can enable or disable certain options that are available for your Audience and Speakers during the webinar.
Click the Gear icon from the left panel. A new dialog opens, allowing you to adjust the following settings:
- Enable chat
- Enable private chats (disabled by default)
- Enable questions & answers
Enable request to broadcast (disabled by default): when enabled, a participant can raise a hand to request to broadcast; you can give broadcast permission from the Participants panel:
- Enable shared notes (disabled by default): when enabled, you can add notes by clicking on the Note icon from the left panel; in a few seconds your notes are shared with the participants:
- Enable forced layouts (disabled by default): More information in the chapter Forced layouts
- Enable live streaming
In addition, in this menu, you can change the Language of the web interface.
Available screen layout modes
Participants can choose one of the pre-defined layouts to view the content:
- Fullscreen: default mode where you can view one element at a time
- Tiled view: allows you to split your screen so you can see multiple elements at once, including your own video
- Thumbnail mode: similar to tiled mode, only that it keeps your own video at the bottom right side of the screen
Hover the mouse cursor over the Screen icon located in the lower right-hand part of the screen, and then select the preferred mode:
- Hover to the uppermost left corner of the element that you would like to move until you see the Dice icon
- Tap and hold the icon and then drag and drop the element to rearrange your workspace
- Hover the mouse cursor over the border between the two elements on the screen, if you would like to resize one of them
- The border between the two elements is now highlighted. Tap and hold the mouse on the highlighted border. You can now see the percentage that each element occupies of the total workspace
- Drag the border up/down, or to the right/to the left to resize the elements; release the mouse when finished
By enabling the Forced layouts feature, you can take full control over how you’d like your Audience to view your content.
Important: when Forced layouts are enabled, the Audience can no longer change their layouts individually. They can no longer view the Chat and Questions and Answers unless you left this tab open before enabling Forced layouts.
To enable forced layout:
- Open Settings → Workspace and check the box Enabled forced layouts
Hover the mouse over the Screen icon in the bottom right-hand part of the screen and click Layout mode
Enable the menus that you would like your Participants to view: Participants, Questions & Answers, Chat, Media library
Important: the Audience will only be able to access the menus that you add to your Forced layout. For example, if you don't add Chat menu, they won't be able to access chat.
Remember that you can also resize and rearrange the elements of your workspace (explained in chapter Change layout). For example:
- When you are happy with the layout, click Apply layout in the bottom right-hand part of the screen.
Remember that the Audience can only see the locked menus. In the example below, Audience can only access Chat and Questions & Answers, but they can't access Participants and Content library:
Click on one of the locked menus (if any)
- Rearrange your layout
Click Apply layout in the bottom right-hand part of the screen
To change (Option 2) or exit forced layout:
- Hover the mouse on the Locked tiles icon in the bottom right-hand part of the screen
Click on Create layout to change your forced layout. Click on Exit layout mode to exit the forced layout.
Download the list of attendees
In Collaboration → Webinar tab:
- Click on the Schedule tab from the left panel and then hit history tab. In this menu you can view all the past webinar sessions
- Hover the mouse cursor over a webinar and then click on the Pencil icon
Click Advanced options
Open the tab Reports. Here you see the Summary Report and you can download it in CSV or Excel
In Collaboration → Webinar tab, open the tab Usage Statistics located on the left panel. Here you can see the total duration of connections per day and the total number of users joining across all sessions per day
Integration with Wizyconf HW Station
Starting from Wizyconf App v 1.2.16, Wizyconf Station integrates with Wizywebinar, consult this documentation for details.