Wizyconf Quick Start Guide
Nov 18, 2019 06:55
This Quick Start Guide explains how to provision Wizyconf via WMP and access, participate in conferences.
Before proceeding to this guide, please make sure you have assembled Wizyconf-Stand, installed Wizyconf and connected all the hardware components. Find the guides on this page: Wizyconf Installation Documentation.
Created: September 2019
Minimum WMS version: 4.01.44034.20
Refer to the Wizyconf Installation Documentation to install the Wizyconf-Stand and connect all the components to the Wizyconf-Core.
- Before you start, make sure you update WMS to the latest stable version rel40
- To use Wizyconf, you need to purchase a UC-Wizyconf License (one license for one Wizyconf station) for your PBX on WMP
- After you have purchased a UC-Wizyconf license on WMP, create a new user in WMS → Users and assign it the License type "Wizyconf":
Provisioning and configuration
Prerequisite: you must have an available Wizyconf which you had previously ordered and had it shipped to you.
- Go to WMP -> select a customer
Select the PBX -> click Options button (three dots) and choose Devices from the drop-down list:
Click + to add Wizyconf:
The list of all your available devices opens; select Wizyconf and click Add to assign it to the PBX:
Go to WMS -> Devices: provisioned Wizyconf appears on the list:
Important: After Wizyconf is provisioned, its status in WMS -> Devices stays grey, no IP and firmware version is indicated. The password is used by Wizyconf for PBX authentication. Ongoing upgrade procedures are not displayed in WMS.
Assign Wizyconf to user
Important: Before assigning, make sure that the user has Wizyconf License previously purchased on WMP. If the user doesn't have the correct license, the error notification is displayed on Wizyconf.
- Go to WMS -> Devices
Select Wizyconf and click Assign to user
- Choose a user and click Save
Note: Once the user is assigned, it is impossible to delete it, you can just re-assign Wizyconf to another user. After re-assigning, turn on/ off Wizyconf via Power key on Wizyconf-Core.
Important: 1 Wizyconf user can only be used with 1 Wizyconf. You cannot assign it to another Wizyconf.
Remote control overview
Make sure you have inserted the dongle of the Wizyconf-Remote into the Wizyconf-Core, as described in the document.
Optionally you can use a keyboard and a mouse to control the conference.
- Power on/ off: turn off/ turn off Wizyconf-Core
- Video off/ on: turn off/ turn on personal video
- Volume up/ down: adjust the volume level
- Volume off/ on: turn off/ turn on the volume
- Navigation keys Up/ Down/ Right/ Left: navigate between different menu options; rotate PTZ cam (Up/ Down/ Right/ Left) (first press the key Control PTZ cam)
- Back key: go back to the previous page
- Settings key: access the conference settings
- Switch active camera: switch between PTZ and 4K cams
- LED Indicator: blinks red when you press any key; no blink means there is no connection (check that the USB dongle is installed correctly or move closer to the Wizyconf-Core) or the battery of the remote control is down
- Control PTZ cam: press the key to be able to use Navigation keys to rotate the PTZ cam
- Camera zoom in/ out: adjust the zoom of the PTZ cam
- Mute on/ off: mute/ unmute your microphone
- Central Navigation key: confirm different operations
- Record key: start/ stop conference recording
- Home key: press to leave the conference
- Micro-USB interface: connect the charging adapter to charge the remote control unit
The first upgrade
- DHCP Server (if not available, set up a static IP address as described in Chapter Set up static IP address on Wizyconf)
- Stable internet connection
- Wizyconf must be able to reach the PBX via its public IP (even in case the PBX is local)
Upon the first launch, Wizyconf automatically upgrades its firmware. The notification about the upgrade is displayed. It takes up to 10 minutes to complete the upgrading process (depends on the Internet connection). Then Wizyconf is rebooted automatically.
- Wyziconf is upgraded from firmware.wildix.com server
- Port used by Wizyconf: tcp:443
Access the conference
By design, conferences cannot be created from Wizyconf. It is only possible to participate. Add the Wizyconf user to an existing conference room before proceeding.
When Wizyconf is launched, the Conference List can be accessed. If a Wizyconf user has previously participated in conferences, they are displayed here:
- View the Prompt:
- Open general Settings:
- select the Time Zone: default value is United Kingdom
- adjust Anti-flicker: default value is 50 Hz (60 Hz for the USA)
Enter a conference
After the Wizyconf user has been added to a new conference room, press Refresh to update the Conference List:
- Use Navigation keys on the Remote control or the keyboard Arrow keys to select the conference from the list
- Press the Central Navigation key on the Remote control or the keyboard key Enter to confirm
For more information about conference controls, refer to Ubiconf Videoconference - User Guide.
- To access the Conference control bar, use Navigation keys on the Remote control or the keyboard Arrow keys
- To close any dialog window from Conference control bar, press Back key on the Remote control or Esc key on the keyboard
If you access a conference from both Collaboration and the Wizyconf at the same time, it is recommended to mute microphone in Collaboration in order to prevent echo issues.
- Choose active Microphone and Webcam:
- Microphone: it is not recommended to change the default microphone! (Built-in mic is the Wizyconf-Mic)
- Webcam: you can select between the 4kCam and the PTZcam
Leave a conference
- To leave a conference, press Home key on the Remote control or on a keyboard
- Use Navigation keys on the Remote control or keyboard Arrow keys to select Leave
- Press Central Navigation key on the Remote control or Enter on the keyboard to confirm
Appendix 1. Troubleshooting
Set up static IP address on Wizyconf
If DHCP is not available, it's possible to set up Static IP:
- Press Home button; Press Google chrome icon → tap on three dots in the upper right part of the screen → tap Settings
- Tap arrow down icon near Network
- Disable the switch "Configure IP address automatically" and then specify the IP address, the Routing prefix (the subnet mask) and the Gateway (the IP address of your router)
Notification "Connection Error" is displayed on Wizyconf
- There is no Internet connection
- The device is not assigned/ provisioned on WMP
- The PBX is unreachable
Solution: Check all the above mentioned points and press Retry to access the Conference List.
Impossible to access Wizyconf after applying backup on the PBX
Reason: The old password is used instead of the new one.
Solution: Authorize Wizyconf via Collaboration.
- The following notification is displayed on Wizyconf. To authorize the device, enter the code via Collaboration: it can be entered by any user from the PBX to which Wizyconf is assigned:
Go to Collaboration -> click on the Videoconference icon in the top menu
Click Wizyconf Authentication and enter the code:
- Press Retry on Wizyconf
After entering a conference, there is infinite loading
- Press Home key to exit the conference
- Enter the conference one more time