W-PA SIP Paging Gateway Manual - English
Jan 18, 2018 07:20
This guide explains how to install and use W-PA SIP Paging Gateway and provides a description of its basic functions.
Created: December 2017
W-PA SIP Paging Gateway Introduction
W-PA SIP Paging Gateway is a Public Announcer used to broadcast emergency messages and communication in large environments. The device has 10 Watt audio output and it still allows you to connect external loudspeakers, and an external microphone. It can also act as a relay for activating door release switches or door locks via 1 embedded short-in detect port and 1 short-out control port (See Appendix 1 for more information).
Before using W-PA SIP Paging Gateway
Please read the following safety notices before installing or using this W-PA. They are crucial for the safe and reliable operation of the device:
- Before using the device, make sure that the environment temperature and humidity requirements are within these ranges:
- Operating temperature: -30 ~ 70 ℃
- Storage temperature: -40 ~ 70 ℃
- Relative humidity: 10% - 95%
- Do not put any foreign objects into the ports of the device. It may cause electric shock or injury accident. If any foreign object gets inside the device, please stop using it
- Do not let non-technical staff to remove or repair the device. Consider that improper repair may lead to injury accident or cause damage of the device
Before you start to install W-PA, please verify that your package contains the following items:
- 1 x W-PA SIP Paging Gateway
- 1 x ground screw
1 - PC interface: connect the device to PC (optional)
2 - Ethernet interface: WAN (PoE) port, standard RJ45 interface, 10/ 100M adaptive, it is recommended to use five or super five network cable to connect the device to the network
Note: W-PA is powered by the network cable.
3 - Registration/ Network LED: indicates registration, network and call statutes
- fast blue flashing: network anomaly or SIP account exception
- slow blue flashing: during a call
- solid blue: successful registration
4 - Volume - key
5 - Volume + key
6 - Reset key
7 - Speaker output interface: connect external speakers or microphones
8 - Ground screw: connect external parts with metal housing to this interface to prevent static electricity and other interference caused the equipment to work abnormally
1 - Speaker interface: according to the device input voltage adaptive output maximum power; 4Ω speaker, POE / 8W, 12V / 10W, 18V / 20W, 24V / 30W. The greater the horn impedance, the smaller the output power. Suggested wire diameter: 18AWG or larger diameter
2 - Headset interface: connect external headsets or active speakers
3 - LED interface: 5V output, connect an external LED, indicating the network, call and registration statuses
4 - Function key interface: connect switch components to this interface
5 - MIcrophone interface: it is recommended to use an electret condenser microphone (sensitivity: -38dB, bias voltage: 2.2V) and connect it with a shielded cable to the grounding screw to improve anti-interference
6 - Switch input interface: connect emergency switches, door sensors and other switch components to this interface
7 - Switch output interface: corresponds to the short-circuit input interface, allows to control electric locks, alarm lights and other equipment
8 - Power input interface: 12~24V 2A input, according to the input voltage, determine the maximum W-PA output power amplifier
Note: a power adapter is optional and used for power supply of any external connected equipment.
Instalation of W-PA SIP Paging Gateway
- Use five or super five network cable to connect your W-PA to the network
- Connect the cable to WAN (PoE) port
Provisioning of W-PA
Wildix supports different provisioning modes:
- WMP provisioning: (the simplest mode) can be applied also for Cloud PBX and for connecting remote devices (assign devices to the PBX from the Portal)
- Auto-provisining: for local devices (cannot be used for Cloud PBX and for remote devices behind NAT / Firewall)
- Remote provisioning: this mode can be used for Cloud PBXs and for connecting remote devices behind NAT / Firewall
Read the guide: https://manuals.wildix.com/provisioning-of-wildix-devices/
Below remote provisining mode is described, as it is the most difficult mode.
- Go to WMS -> Devices
- Click Add
- Enter MAC address of the device (you can find it on the device label)
- Click Next. You will be forwarded to the provisioning window with the device information (MAC, Type and Provisioning URL)
- Click Finish
- Access W-PA web interface for configuration settings:
- Press Volume - key for 3 seconds to obtain its IP address
- IP address will be playbacked through the speaker
- First time access credentials: admin : admin
- After you log in W-PA web interface, go to System -> Auto Provision -> Static Provisioning Server and fill in the following information:
- Server Address: enter your PBX host address or public IP
- Configuration File Name: ?action=setaps
- Protocol Type: HTTPS
- Click Apply
- Go to System -> Tools -> Reboot phone
- Click Reboot key
- Confirm the reboot by clicking OK
- You will hear two audio signals: the first one is played at the beginning of the reboot, the second one is played after it is completed
Note: in case you can see the model type, login1, the firmware version and the password of the device in WMS -> Devices, and the device Status is green, it means that it is provisioned.
Assign to user
To assign a user to your W-PA SIP Paging Gateway:
- Go to WMS -> Devices
- Choose your W-PA from the list of available devices and click Assign to user
- Enter the extension number of a user you want to assign the device to
Note: you can assign W-PA to an existing user or create a new one in WMS -> Users.
Public announcer function
Once your W-PA SIP Paging Gateway is installed and configured, you can use it as a Public Announcer for broadcasting purposes.
Note: to use your W-PA SIP Paging Gateway as a Public Announcer, you may need to connect external speakers via Speaker interfaces.
To broadcast a message via W-PA:
Call the extension number you've assigned the device to from any Wildix IP phone/ Collaboration/ Mobile app
The device will auto answer and play back your voice over connected speakers
If you want to finish broadcasting, click Hangup (red) icon to hang up a call
In case you need to reconfigure your W-PA, you should perform a reset procedure.
To restart and restore the factory settings of W-PA SIP Paging Gateway:
- Press the Reset key with a paperclip and hold it for 3 seconds