Vision User Guide - English
Aug 21, 2019 13:37
This User Guide explains how to use Vision and Wildix Phone App.
End user brochures are available at this link: Wildix VoIP Phones - End User Brochures
HW Version: 220.127.116.11
Android app Version: 5.1.1
WMS Version: 3.88/ 4.01
Created: June 2018
Updated: August 2019
- USB Audio and call control currently supported only on Wildix headsets (WHS)
- Video Conference inside the App is not available yet
- Codecs h.263 and h.263+ are no longer available
Vision Changelog: https://www.wildix.com/new-releases-and-updates/vision-changelog/
LED Indicator: New Voicemail / Incoming call / Missed call (blinking blue)
1 – People (personal phonebook)
2 – Wildix Phone app
3 – Applications folder
4 – Chrome browser
5 – Phone settings
6 – Notification drawer and status bar
First time login
- Go to Vision Settings -> Personal -> Language & input
- Tap Language
- Select the language from the list
- Go to Vision Settings -> Wireless & networks
- Select the network:
- Ethernet -> enable the option
- IP address: the phone automatically receives the IP address from the DHCP Server
In case the phone has not received an IP address automatically, you can set up the Static IP:
- Go to Ethernet Ip mode -> select static
- Enter the IP address manually
- Wi-Fi -> enable the option
- Select the Network from the list and enter the password (if necessary)
- Tap Connect
Login to Wildix Phone application
Note: After the phone has booted, the Phone app opens automatically.
Domain: PBX IP address or domain name
Note: You can enter the PBX name, wildixin.com domain is added automatically; if you leave this field blank, auto.wildixin.com is automatically added.
- User name: extension number, user name or email address of user
- Password: user WEB password
You can either use Google/ Office 365 credentials for single sign-on.
Current limitation: Impossible to login to PBX via Google sign-on from the first attempt. It’s necessary to make a second try.
Go to App Settings -> Advanced -> Check for Updates. In case there is a new version available, follow the instructions on the screen to update.
Wildix Phone application
2 – Voicemail
3 – History
4 – Dialpad
5 – BLF Keys
6 – Chat
7 – Web application Integration (this menu becomes visible only if you have configured it in App Settings -> Advanced -> Integration URL). More details in Web application Integration
8 – Settings
Note: You can swipe between the Phone app menu tabs by swiping with the finger on the phone screen to the right / to the left.
Tap user status to:
- Set your status to DND / Away and set expiry time for this status (optional)
- Set the status message (optional)
This menu allows you to:
- Listen to Voicemails: tap Play icon
- Delete Voicemails: tap Trash icon
- Mark Voicemails as Read: tap Eye icon
You can also tap on a voicemail message to display the drop-down list: Call a user who left a message, Mark as read or Delete it.
This menu allows you to:
- See the list of all the calls and call duration (synced with Wildix PBX)
Tap the double Arrowhead icon to view call details.
Tap on a user to display the drop-down list which allows to call that user, archive or delete a call.
This menu allows you to search for contacts in PBX phonebooks, place and manage calls.
Live search is performed in all the shared phonebooks; first colleagues that match the searched criteria are displayed, then phonebook contacts.
Start entering a number or a name into the Search field:
Place a call
Enter the number and tap the green button
Note: The number you entered is automatically dialed after the timeout of 5 seconds, if the handset is in off-hook position.
- Otherwise start entering a number or a name into the Search field, then tap on the contact that appears below the Search field
1 – Mute / Unmute
2 – Hold / Resume
3 – Hang up
4 – Transfer
5 – Video
6 – Conference (in case there are more than one active calls)
7 – New call
Note: You can also use keypad buttons to mute/ unmute, hold/ resume, hang up and transfer. Refer to Phone overview.
Blind / Attended call transfer
- During a call tap Transfer
- Enter the number for the transfer into the Search field:
2 – Tap for Blind transfer (call recipient is not notified)
3 – Tap to cancel transfer
Blind / Attended call transfer via BLF keys
Transfer a call to a colleague / a call group configured as BLF key
- During a call, go to BLF keys menu
- Tap the BLF key of colleague / call group
- Tap Transfer for blind transfer (without notification)
- Tap Call for attended transfer (with notification): new call starts, tap Transfer button again from Call window to complete the transfer
Monitoring and management of colleagues and features.
Note: Max 120 elements can be added for monitoring (features and colleagues). Swipe on the screen to the left/to the right to move between the pages of Feature keys.
You can customize the size of the BLF keys in this menu in Phone App -> Settings > Advanced Settings “X keys per page”. (More info: Advanced Settings)
Configure BLF keys
BLF keys must be configured in Collaboration -> Settings -> Feature keys / or in WMS (more info: https://manuals.wildix.com/function-keys-blf-keys-wp/)
Example of BLF keys configuration in Collaboration:
Supported BLF Keys
- Monitor status (ringing/in call; dnd/away)
- Call (tap the element and select Call)
- Call pickup (no possibility to check who is calling and audio notification, tap the element while the status is “ringing” and select Pickup)
- Transfer a call (tap the element and select Transfer during a call)
- Speed Dial
Call number configured as speed dial
Note: you can use any shortcut based on Feature codes with Speed Dial function key, example: enter the value “cgmanager*2*[call_group_ID]” into the field for dynamic call group login / logout.
- Monitor status for BRI/FXO/GSM (green/red)
- Call through this trunk (if green)
- Monitor status (green/yellow/red)
- Change status (tap the element and select Call)
- Monitor status (green/red)
- Change status (tap the element and select Call)
- 3 state switch
- monitor status (green/yellow/red)
- change status (tap the element and select Call)
- Group Pick up
- Pickup a ringing call of user belonging to your ACL group on the same PBX
- Call group
- Monitor status (red=incoming call; green=idle)
- Call a call group (tap the element and select Call)
- Pickup a ringing call (no possibility to check who is calling and audio notification, tap the element and select Pickup if red)
- Send DTMF
This menu allows you to:
- Start a chat
- Send files and Post-It messages
- Monitor presence status / location of colleagues
- Place a call
You can disable / enable visual new chat messages notifications in Phone App Settings -> Advanced.
1 – Search field
2 – Tap to write a message, send a file, a photo (up to 100Mb) / Post-It
3 – Call
Note: You can also start a chat form live search results.
Join ubiconf Videoconference
More info about ubiconf in User Guide: Ubiconf Videoconference User Guide.
It is impossible to start Ubiconf videoconference from Vision, you can only participate (you must be invited).
- To participate in a conference, you must be invited by a PBX user. You receive the invitation to chat
- Tap the invitation link to access the conference and select “Chrome” browser
Tap Always the first time you access a conference, to set up Google Chrome as the default browser.
In order not to be distracted by calls received via Phone app, go to Phone App Settings -> Advanced -> Allow usage of other VoIP Apps = ON (in this case Phone app does not open automatically during an incoming call)
Web application Integration
Web application integration can be configured in App Settings -> Advanced -> Integration URL. It allows opening a web application inside Wildix Phone App.
You can also select the web application to be opened automatically in App Settings -> Advanced -> Default tab and specify timeout after which an application is automatically opened (the default timeout is 120 sec)
Personal and Call features for each Call class is synced with the PBX.
Personal and Account settings
- Account: Login to Wildix Phone application
Ringtone: Ringtone playback and selection. A ringtone chosen in this menu is applied to all call classes. In case you want to choose separate ringtones for each call class, you can do it in Call classes settings (consult Call features for each call class, External / Blacklist / Whitelist section)
Note: You can also upload audio files to this menu and use them as ringtones. Check Upload the ringtone for details.
Supported audio formats: mp3 and wav.
- Ringtone volume: Adjust the volume level
Upload the ringtone
To upload your own audio file to Phone App:
- First, upload an audio file (mp3 or wav format) you want to use as a ringtone to Vision's memory. You can rather download it via Chrome browser or upload via USB flash drive
- Go to Vision menu -> Music
- Tap and hold the audio file for a second
- Drop-down list appears: tap Use as phone ringtone
- The audio file is added to App's Ringtone menu. Now you can select it as a ringtone
Call features (Call forwarding, call waiting, mobility) for each call class
- Call reject: ON / OFF
- Call forward Busy / Call forward No Answer / Call forward All. To enable:
- Switch ON
- Tap on the destination field underneath
- Enter the number using the phone keyboard or the pop-up keyboard on the screen or enter VOICEMAIL
- Call waiting (receive more than one call at a time): ON / OFF
- Mobility with timeout (receive incoming calls also to your mobile number). To enable:
- Switch ON
- Tap the timeout field underneath and enter the numeric value in seconds
Make sure Mobile number is entered in Settings -> Account -> Personal -> Mobile.
External / Blacklist / Whitelist
Same Features as for Internal class, in addition, this menu allows you to select the Ringtone for each Call Class.
Switch ON to activate the class, then you can change other settings.
Advanced Settings and Phone upgrades
- Update source: allows installing “preview” versions (changelog and upgrade instructions: Wildix website)
Check for Updates: tap to search for new versions; in case the new version is available, follow the instructions on the screen to upgrade
Note: The possibility to deploy a local upgrade server for Vision starting from version 2.9.95 and WMS 4.01
In cases when the phone cannot get firmware from firmwares.wildix.com server (for example, connection to the server is blocked from the phone; PBX doesn't have access to the server), you can deploy a local upgrade server and indicate it in WMS Settings-> Tools and utilities -> Upgrade -> Custom firmware server. Please contact Wildix Support for details.
- Ringtone: select the ringtone playback mode in case headset is connected: Headset / Speaker / Headset+Speaker (ringtone is played one time to headset and then to speaker)
Initiate video calls (On / Off): when On, video is automatically started upon starting an audio call
Note: Starting from WMS 3.85.35510, you can receive video from doorphones, even when the option is disabled.
- Audible DTMF (On / Off)
- Automatic upgrades (On / Off); when Off, an additional option Notify of new versions – On/Off is displayed
Allow usage of other VoIP Apps (On / Off): when On, Phone app does not open automatically during an incoming call
Note: We recommend to enable this option for ubiconf Videoconference.
- EU volume limit (On/ Off): enable/ disable the volume limit
- Show chat notification (On/Off): enable / disable visual new chat message notifications
- Mute notifications during calls (On/Off, enabled by default): disable/ enable sound notifications from third-party apps during a call
- Number of BLF keys:
- 4 keys per page (supported in case 12 or less keys are configured: 3 pages x 4 keys)
- 18 keys per page (supported in case 54 or less keys are configured: 3 pages x 18 keys)
- 40 keys per page (default: 3 pages x 40 keys)
- Preferred video size: the default size is VGA, you can switch to QVGA, 720p
- Integration URL: insert a web application link to allow opening it inside the App
- Default tab: configure to which page application is moved after an idle timeout specified in Timeout (seconds). The default page is Function keys. You can change it to Dialpad, Function keys, Integration URL or disable at all
- Timeout (seconds): adjust the timeout after which Default tab is automatically opened. The default timeout is 120 sec
- Debug: enable/ disable additional debug info in phone log
- Jitt Comp: set Jitter Buffer interval in ms. By default, it is 0 - automatic
- SIP TLS: enable/ disable encrypted SIP over TLS signaling
- Echo cancellation: enable/ disable adjusting voice quality by preventing or removing echo
- Use DSCP from PBX: if enabled, value from SIP-RTP page (WMS -> Settings -> PBX -> SIP-RTP) is applied only when WI-FI is used
- Restart app: tap to reset the App
Check the information about Phone application and current version
Appendix 1. Phone settings
Wireless & Networks
- Wi-Fi: ON / OFF
Scan for networks, view the list of available networks, add a new one.
- Bluetooth: ON / OFF
Search for devices, view the list of paired devices, unpair devices, see the received files
- Ethernet: ON / OFF
Use DHCP or tick off “Use static IP” and enter the parameters manually
Select PC/ LAN Port Settings
- More: Advanced network settings (Tethering & portable hotspot, VPN, Data usage)
Device (Display, Sounds, Storage, Apps, HDMI)
- Brightness: adjust the brightness level
- Wallpaper: select the wallpaper
- Sleep: adjust the timeout for screen sleep mode
- Daydream: select the screen saver to be displayed during sleep mode
- Font size: select the font size
- When device is rotated: Rotate the contents of the screen/ Stay in current orientation
- Cast screen: cast Vision screen to TV screen
- Dual screen: enable two display mode
Sound & notification
- Volumes: adjust Music volume, Ringtone & notifications volume Alarms volume
- Also vibrate for calls: enable/ disable vibration
- Interruptions: When calls and notifications arrive: Always interrupt, Allow only priority interruptions/ Don't interrupt Priority interruptions
- Phone ringtone and Default notification ringtone: select Call ringtone, Default notification sound
- Notification: When device is locked: Show all notification content/ Don't show notifications content
Storage: all the information about memory usage
Apps: view and manage all the applications (allows you to force-quick Phone App: select Phone App from the list -> Force stop)
HDMI: allows you to enable HDMI, select the Resolution, adjust the Screen Zoom
Personal (Security, Accounts, Language, Backup&reset)
Security: enable screen lock, device administration, credentials storage
- Add and manage accounts. Enable the Google account to be able to download the applications from Google Play Market and to use Google Calendar. Tap + to add a new account
Language & input
- Language: select the language from the list
- Spell checker: tick off to enable, tap the icon on the right, then tap the earth icon to select a different language for spell checker
- Personal dictionary: allows you to create a user dictionary
- Keyboard & Input methods: tap the Settings icon to the right from the keyboard choice to select a different language for the input
- Speech: allows you to enable and to set up text-to-speech options
- Mouse/Trackpad: allows you to adjust the pointer speed
Backup & reset: allows you to enable the backup and to set up the parameters for backup, and to restore the phone to the factory defaults
System (Date and time, Accessibility, Phone information)
- Date & time: allows you to enable automatic time and date settings or to set up time and date manually, select the time zone, select the format of time and date, set up the SNTP Server
- Accessibility: special needs settings (TalkBack, Magnification, Large text, Speak passwords, enable Accessibility shortcut)
- About device: information about system update, status, model, Android and Kernel version, legal information
Appendix 2. Supported Headsets and Speakerphone
Wildix Headsets compatible with Vision: monoaural (WHS-Mono), binaural (WHS-Duo) and bluetooth (WHS-BT).
For connection of WHS-BT headset, read the guide: WHS, WP490EXT, WPEHS - Quick Start Guide
Third-party headsets integrated with Wildix: Wildix Compatible Headsets – Jabra, Plantronics, Sennheiser, JPL
To connect the ubiconf-Voice speakerphone to Vision:
- Press and hold (2secs) the Bluetooth button until the light flashes blue
- Enable Bluetooth on the device, and select ubiconfVoice from the list of available Bluetooth device.
- The light turns solid blue when the connection is established
More information in ubiconf-Voice Speakerphone User Guide and ubiconf Datasheet, available on https://manuals.wildix.com.
Appendix 3. Integration with intercoms
Info on intercoms which are fully integrated with Wildix system: www.wildix.com/integrations.
User Guides on Integration with some Intercoms are available on https://manuals.wildix.com under “Intercoms” section.
Configuration of intercoms for sending video stream before answer and adding an unlock button: Configuration of intercoms integrated with Wildix.
Appendix 4. Phone recovery
NOTE: THIS OPERATION MUST BE MADE BY THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
How to perform a factory reset:
- If your phone is on, turn it off
- Press and hold the Headset button and turn on power (using power adapter or PoE)
- Release Headset button after 5 seconds
- The image “W” appears on the display and then the recovery menu
Select Factory reset using Volume Up/ Down buttons and press Headset button to confirm
To proceed with factory reset, select Yes option and press Headset button to confirm
Select Reboot system now and press Headset button to start the reset or wait 5 seconds for auto reboot
- After reset procedure, update Phone app to the latest version
Appendix 5. Sync of contacts
To be able to access your Wildix PBX corporate phonebooks from Vision, you need to set up CardDAV sync: CardDAV Sync of Contacts.