CardDAV Sync of Contacts with iOS, Android, Vision, SuperVision, Mac OS X, Thunderbird
Oct 13, 2019 22:48
Thanks to CardDAV address book client / server protocol, it is possible to enable access for PBX users to shared PBX phonebook from different devices, including iOS / Android, Vision / SuperVision, Mac OS X and Thunderbird Mail.
Updated: June 2019
Set up the CardDAV sync, to be able to access your Wildix PBX corporate phonebooks from any device:
iOS / Android CardDAV Sync
In addition, you can download for free Wildix Collaboration Mobile App for iOS from iTunes and Android from Google Play Store, to be able to call via your Wildix PBX and access all the Wildix Unified Collaboration features from your personally owned iOS and Android devices.
Vision / SuperVision CardDav Sync
- Go to Phone Settings -> Personal -> Accounts:
- Tap + Add Account and select WildixDAV:
- Enter the Server name (PBX domain name or IP), User name and Password and tap Next:
Tick off the phonebook that you wish to sync (it’s necessary to add phonebooks one by one, so repeat the steps again to add more phonebooks for sync) and tap Next:
Enter the local name for the phonebook and tap Tick to add it
- Sync starts automatically in background mode
Now your PBX contacts appear in People (personal phonebooks). You can select the groups to be displayed:
- Go to People-> tap More options (three dots) button
- Select Contacts to display -> tick off contacts to be displayed
MacOS Contacts CardDAV Sync
Note: Contacts are not subdivided into phonebooks.
- Go to System Preferences -> Internet Accounts & Accounts -> Add Other Account… -> Add a CardDAV account, “Manual”:
- Enter account information:
- User Name: your extension number
- Password: your password to access WMS / Collaboration
- Server Address: PBX address or domain name
- Click Create and Continue
All the contacts from shared PBX phonebooks appear in your Mac OS Contacts
Thunderbird Contacts CardDAV Sync
Download and install the SOGo Connector
Note: SOGo Connector should be run together with Lighting Extension.
The Extension can be downloaded from https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/lightning/.
- Install the plugin from Add-ons Manager folder
- Open Thunderbird and go to Address Book -> File menu -> New -> Remote Address Book
Note: SOGo Connector is supported by Thunderbird 52 and lower versions. Currently, it is not supported by the latest Thunderbird 60.
To install Thunderbird 52, use these links:
Please make sure you use the compatible versions. Follow this link to check compatibility of SOGo, Lighting and Thunderbird: https://sogo.nu/download.html#/frontends.
- Name: Phonebook name as you want it to appear in your Address Book
- URL: PBX IP address or domain name, followed by your user name and the phonebook name in the following format: http://PBX_IP/addressbooks/User_Name/Phonebook_Name/
To set up the sync with all the corporate phonebooks, enter: http://PBX_IP/Contacts/