Provisioning of Wildix devices Admin Guide - English
Mar 21, 2018 18:43
The Guide describes and explains how to provision Wildix devices.
WMS Version: 3.87
Updated: February 2018
There are several provisioning modes supported by WMS:
- Auto-provisioning (available only for Hardware and Virtual PBXs):
For devices connected to the local LAN or remote network via VPN.
For remote/unreachable devices behind NAT/firewall.
Automatically add Wildix devices during new installations.
Assign devices to PBX via WMP.
Auto-provisioning (Automatic mode) (Hardware, Virtual PBX)
- Go to WMS -> Devices
- Click + Add for provisioning of devices
- Select Automatic mode and click Next
- Click Scan (you can also specify the IP range for the search):
- Select your device(s) on the list and click Next
- Wait till the device is provisioned:
- Click Finish
The provisioned device appears in the list of all available devices in WMS -> Devices:
Note: in case you can see the model, “login1” in the field “phone”, the firmware version and the password, it means that the device is provisioned.
Remote provisioning (Semi-automatic mode)
Read this detailed online Guide for remote provisioning of each Wildix device.
Auto-configuration (auto.wildixin.com provisioning)
Auto-configuration allows you to automatically add and provision Wildix devices during new installations/ devices that had been reset.
- Available starting from WMS version 3.80.29355.25
- Auto-configuration works only in the local network (devices and PBX must be in the same network)
- This feature is available only for Hardware and Virtual PBX
- Wildix devices support this feature starting from the certain fw version, so in case your fw version is not up to date, for the first time it is necessary to add the device manually using a regular auto-provisioning procedure
- If internal DHCP server is used, it must return PBX address as Primary DNS Server address
- If external DNS server is used, you must add the correct DNS record (auto.wildixin.com must be resolved to the PBX IP)
- If external DHCP server is used, you must use PBX address as Primary DNS server
- For auto-configuration of W-AIR base stations (not SB), you must first manually create a W-AIR network via WMS interface
Note: For auto-configuration of W01GSM follow this procedure:
- Connect W01GSM to Wildix Switch
- Go to device’s web interface
- Enter credentials for the first time access: admin : admin
- Go to the menu System -> System Configuration
- Enter the following string into the field Primary Profile URL: http://auto.wildixin.com:80/?action=setaps&config=xml
- Click on Save
- Press Back on the prompt page
- Click on Provision
- Go to WMS -> Devices: the device has been provisioned
Two parameters present on WMS -> Settings -> PBX -> SIP-RTP serve to enable and customize the auto-configuration feature:
- Require provisioning password in local networks (default on): the system does not provision those devices whose passwords are different from the passwords present on Devices page (default passwords are given to devices during reset procedure)
- Auto add new devices in local networks (default on): devices are added and provisioned automatically in local networks
Thanks to this provisioning mode, Wildix Partner can assign devices (W-AIR bases, media gateways, phones) to the customer’s (or to the lead’s) PBX via the Portal.
How to provision devices:
Prerequisite: you must have available devices (WP, W-AIR bases, media gateways) which you had previously ordered and had them shipped to you
- Go to WMP -> PBX per user
- Select the customer and click Options button (three dots)
- Select Devices from the drop-down list:
- Click + to add devices:
- The list of all your available devices opens; select only those devices that you want to assign to this PBX and click Add:
- Enter (assign) the Shipper code and the Ship Date and click Ok (it is for your convenience, to be able to track your shippings easily)
- Go to WMS -> Devices, click Sync from WMP: provisioned devices appear on the list:
- Go to PBX > select your PBX from the list
- Click Devices button and them click Add
- Select the devices you would like to assign to this PBX and click Add:
- Go to WMS -> Devices, click Sync from WMP: provisioned devices appear on the list
Example: Wildix Partner has to carry out two installations for two different customers:
- VM PBX (+ PBX users and UC profiles) + 1 W-AIR Base SB (+ handsets) + 5 WP480G
- Cloud PBX (+ UC profiles) + 5 WP490G
How to manage it via WMP:
- Go to PBX per user, add two PBXs, order users and UC profiles for each PBX, activate the PBXs
- Order devices (WP, W-AIR)
- Once the devices are shipped to you, go to PBX per user, select VM PBX -> assign 1 W-AIR base SB + 5 WP480G; select Cloud PBX -> assign 5 WP490G
- Go to the customers and connect the devices, open WMS and click Sync from WMP: devices are provisioned
Direct access to devices
After you have provisioned devices, you can access them directly from WMS -> Devices.
- Feature is available only for Hardware and Virtual PBXs
- Devices must be in the same network as the PBX
To connect to the devices:
- Click on the green triangle icon "Connect" to allow the connection to this device:
- Click on the link “Open” to connect to the device:
- Click on the red square icon “Disconnect” to close the access to the device: