How to set up the Call Group notifications manager feature
Jun 21, 2021 15:52
This Document provides instructions on how to set up the Call Group notifications manager feature that allows all users to view missed calls notifications for specific Call groups.
Created: November 2020
Introduction and setup
Requirements and supported devices
- Collaboration - support starts from 5.02.20201116.5
- WP480G, WP490G, WorkForce, WelcomeConsole - support starts from WMS 5.02.20201015.2
- At least UC-Basic License is required for a dedicated user who serves as a Call Group notifications manager
With the help of the feature, any user can view missed Call Group calls and voicemails notifications. For this purpose, it is necessary to create a dedicated user who serves as a Call Group notifications manager. Users who want to view notifications, need to subscribe for the user via a BLF key Voicemail.
To configure the feature, take the following steps:
Step 1. Go to WMS -> Users and add a new user. Make sure you assign at least Basic license:
Step 2. Go to WMS Dialplan -> Call Groups -> edit the strategy for a specific Call group and set the created user as a Missed calls manager:
Step 3. Subscribe for the Missed calls manager via a BLF key Voicemail. Make sure to add ACL permission "Can see - Voicemail - group" in WMS -> Users -> Groups
BLF keys can be set by users in Collaboration Settings -> Fn keys or by PBX administrator via WMS:
- Once there is a missed call or a voicemail, the BLF starts blinking
- To view notifications, press BLF Voicemail
- To mark a missed call as seen, press Info -> Read; to play a voicemail, press Play. For other available interactions, follow Wildix VoIP Phones User Guide
- After it is marked, the BLF stops blinking also on other phones subscribed for the Missed calls Manager
Note: Even if you dial a contact from which a call was missed, it still will be marked as missed. To mark it as seen, press Read option.
A missed events counter indicates there is a missed call or a voicemail:
To view notifications, go to Fn keys tab -> mouse over the BLF and click on Options button (three dots) to open a list of missed calls and voicemails:
- To mark a missed call as seen, tick it off and click Mark as read icon (eye icon); to play a voicemail, click Download icon. For other available interactions, follow Collaboration User Guide
- A missed event becomes marked also for all users subscribed for the Missed calls manager
Note: Even if you dial a contact from which a call was missed, it is still marked as missed. To mark it as seen, click on Mark as read option.