How to set up the Call Group notifications manager feature
Dec 04, 2020 17:26
This Documents provides instructions on how to set up the Call Group notifications manager feature that allows all users to view missed calls and voicemails notifications for specific Call groups.
Created: November 2020
Introduction and setup
Requirements and supported devices
- Collaboration - support starts from 5.02.20201116.5
- WP480G, WP490G, WorkForce, WelcomeConsole - support starts from WMS 5.02.20201015.2
- At least UC-Basic License is required for a dedicated user who serves as a Call Group notifications manager
With the help of the feature, any user can view missed Call Group calls and voicemails notifications. For this purpose, it is necessary to create a dedicated user who serves as a Call Group notifications manager. Users who want to view notifications, need to subscribe for the user via a BLF key Voicemail.
To configure the feature, take the following steps:
Step 1. Go to WMS -> Users and add a new user. Make sure you assign at least Basic license:
Step 2. Go to WMS Dialplan -> Call Groups -> edit the strategy for a specific Call group and set the created user as a Missed calls manager:
Step 3. Subscribe for the Missed calls manager via a BLF key Voicemail. Make sure to add ACL permission "Can see - Voicemail - group" in WMS -> Users -> Groups
BLF keys can be set by users in Collaboration Settings -> Fn keys or by PBX administrator via WMS:
- Once there is a missed call or a voicemail, the BLF starts blinking
- To view notifications, press BLF Voicemail
- To mark a missed call as seen, press Info -> Read; to play a voicemail, press Play. For other available interactions, follow Wildix VoIP Phones User Guide
- After it is marked, the BLF stops blinking also on other phones subscribed for the Missed calls Manager
Note: Even if you dial a contact from which a call was missed, it still will be marked as missed. To mark it as seen, press Read option.
A missed events counter indicates there is a missed call or a voicemail:
To view notifications, go to Fn keys tab -> mouse over the BLF and click on Options button (three dots) to open a list of missed calls and voicemails:
- To mark a missed call as seen, tick it off and click Mark as read icon (eye icon); to play a voicemail, click Download icon. For other available interactions, follow Collaboration User Guide
- A missed event becomes marked also for all users subscribed for the Missed calls manager
Note: Even if you dial a contact from which a call was missed, it is still marked as missed. To mark it as seen, click on Mark as read option.