How to implement the parking feature
Feb 22, 2019 04:53
Call parking feature allows users to place a call on hold and then pick up the call from any extension. Consult the documentation to find out how to implement the feature.
Updated: January 2019
- Create a new user of type “Park Orbit”:
- Make sure the following preferences are enabled for the newly created user (click Edit preferences -> Features):
- Call waiting: enable to be able to park more than one call at a time
- Call timeout: enable and define the timeout for return from parking
How to park / resume a call
Park a call with Function / BLF key
- Add “Park Location” Function key for users who use the parking feature
You can do it via WMS or Collaboration:
Go to Users -> Select a user -> click Edit preferences -> Settings, Function keys:
Go to Collaboration -> Settings -> Function keys:
- To park / resume a call via Function / BLF key is possible from WP or Collaboration -> Function Keys:
Press the BLF key configured as “Park Location” during a call to park a call / press it again to resume.
Park a call via blind Call Transfer and resume via Call Pickup
It is possible to park a call via Call Transfer and resume a parked call via Call Pick up from any device connected to the Wildix system.
Note: only users with certain permissions can pick up calls; to enable the option, the PBX admin must add ACL ability "Can" - "Call Pickup". Consult ACL rules and Call classes management Guide for details.
Park and Resume via Collaboration:
- To park a call, perform a blind transfer to Park orbit user:
- To resume a call, mouse over Park orbit user in your Roster -> click Options button (three dots) -> select Pick up:
Park and Resume from ANY Device connected to Wildix system
- To park a call, perform a blind transfer to Park orbit user
- To resume a call, use Feature Code "Pickup" 88
Example: Dial 884488 where 88 is Pickup Feature Code and 4488 is “Park orbit” extension.