FAX/SMS Server Quick Admin Guide - English
Oct 13, 2019 22:55
Fax Server application allows you to send and receive faxes and SMS messages via Wildix Collaboration, to use Fax2Mail, Mail2Fax and Mail2SMS services.
Updated: October 2019
- For Physical PBXs: Make sure that the USB drive’s partition or a Windows share for faxes is added in WMS Settings -> System -> Storages (consult WMS Start Guide, Storage services)
- For SMS sending: W01GSM/ DaySaver gateway must be configured (Consult WMS Start Guide, GSM network)
Number of simultaneously sent faxes depends on the number of users according to Per User licenses
To determine the number of faxes, use one of these formulas:
Users > 0, but < 12, faxes to be sent = 2
- Users >= 12, but < 24, faxes to be sent = 4
- Users >= 24, but < 40, faxes to be sent = 5
- Users >= 40, but < 60, faxes to be sent = 6
- Users >= 60, but < 120, faxes to be sent = 10
- Users >= 120, but < 200, faxes to be sent = 15
- Users >= 200, but < 300, faxes to be sent = 30
- Users >= 300, but < 500, faxes to be sent = 40
- Users >= 500, faxes to be sent = 45
If you have 59 users, than you can send 6 faxes simultaneously.
If you have 120 users, then the number of simultaneously sent faxes is 15.
General Fax/SMS Server settings
FAX/ SMS Server Settings can be configured in WMS Settings -> System -> FAX/SMS server.
Please refer to WMS Settings Guide for specifying general parameters of FAX/SMS server.
Make sure to define email address to which the copy of all the sent and received faxes and SMS will be saved.
Mail2Fax and Mail2SMS
Note: email must be sent from the email address associated to one of the users.
Set up Mail2Fax service
The PBX checks the mailbox, once new emails corresponding to the parameters of Mail2Fax service are found, the PBX sends them to one or multiple numbers present in the email.
- Go to WMS Settings -> System -> Fax/SMS server
- Click + to add a new Fax/SMS Server Profile
- Enter the following parameters:
- Name: enter the name (identifier)
- Protocol: select the protocol of communication with your email server (POP3 or IMAP)
- Server: settings of your email server to access incoming messages
- Use SSL: enables secure connection to the server (required by some email servers)
- User: email address of user to access to the server
- Password: password to access to email address of user specified in the field above
- Keep e-mails and faxes on server: enables storing of messages on the server
- Dialplan procedure: select the Dialplan procedure to manage faxes sent by users
- Protection password: security password for MAIL2FAX service
- Default LOCALSTATION: sender’s fax machine ID, appears at the top of each page of outgoing fax, if not specified the default value “Fax Server” is used
- Default LOCALHEADER: fax header to identify the sender, appears at the top of each page of outgoing fax, if not specified the default value “Wildix PBX” is used
- Click Test fetching mails to check if the parameters are correct:
Note: It is possible to attach no more than 2 files to one letter. The max size of attachments to be sent is 5 MB.
Prerequisite: WMS version 3.4x and higher.
Option 1 – Simplified
Send email in plain text or HTML format with an attachment (PDF or TIFF) to the PBX email address (specified in WMS Settings -> System -> Fax/SMS Server).
In the email subject indicate one or more fax numbers (separated by comma).
PBX forwards the fax to one or multiple numbers indicated in the email subject.
PBX follows the “fax dialplan” procedure selected in the WMS -> Users for the user who had sent the email.
Note: if Mail2Fax is sent via Remote PBX (selected in WMS Settings -> System -> FAX/ SMS server), PBX uses the Fax dialplan assigned to a user who sends Mail2Fax, instead of one specified in FAX/ SMS Server Settings.
Option 2 – OLD
- Create an ad hoc dialplan procedure “faxout” or edit an existing Dialplan procedure, for instance “users”. Specify the prefix for line engagement
- Send an email in plain text format with an attachment (PDF or TIFF) to the PBX email address (specified in “Fax/SMS Server”) containing the text as provided in the example below
- PRINTEDFAX: TRUE
- FAXNUMBER: 00461019978 (destination number)
- STATIONID: Wildix PBX
- HEADERINFO: Fax Server
- FROMNUMBER:100 (fax sender)
- LANGUAGE: it
- ANSRETRY: 3 (number of attempts of fax sending)
- NOANSRETRY: 5 (number of attempts of fax sending in case there is no response from the called party)
- FAXPASSWORD: wildix (protection password)
- CONTEXT: faxout (dialplan procedure used to manage fax calls)
- CCNUMBER: 00461019978 00461019978 00461019978 (additional destination numbers)
Note: In this example the prefix “0” is used for the line engagement in “faxout” Dialplan procedure.
The PBX receives an email and uses the “faxout” procedure to send the fax to one or multiple numbers indicated in the email body.
Send an email in plain text format to the PBX email address containing the text as provided in the example below:
- SENDSMS: TRUE
- FROMNUMBER: 100 (SMS sender)
- TONUMBER: +393412345678 (destination number)
- SMSPASSWORD: wildix
- CCNUMBER: +393412345678 +393412345678 (additional destination numbers)
- MESSAGE: Hello World!
Make sure SMTP client is defined in WMS Settings -> System -> SMTP client (consult WMS Start Guide, SMTP Client).
Answer an incoming call using FAX Server and forward fax to one or multiple fax numbers / users.
In case the number is used both to receive voice calls and faxes, you can add the Dialplan application “Detect fax” before this one.
Fax/ SMS sending
Users can send faxes and SMS to one or multiple numbers.
Send Fax/ SMS from Collaboration
Users can send Post-It messages in the form of SMS.
Consult FAX/ SMS section of Collaboration User Guide to get detailed information.
Send Fax from Windows / Mac OS X applications
Users can send faxes from their Windows or Mac OS X running PC using Wildix Fax Printer.
Send SMS via remote PBX
Prerequisites: WMS 3.4x and higher.
WMS Settings -> System -> Fax/SMS Server: Remote PBX (for SMS sending): select the PBX in WMS Network
Note: it is also possible to set up a Standard SMS header.
Send SMS via HTTP request
It is possible to send SMS via CURL request using third-party service. For more information, please refer to FAX/SMS server chapter of WMS Settings Guide.
Send SMS from Dialplan using SMS API
It is possible to send SMS from Dialplan using SMS API. Consult the document How to send SMS from Dialplan using SMS API for details.
Replying to an SMS is only possible with GSM gateway and is not possible in case SMS was sent via HTTP request. Note that CURL SMS sending has priority over GSM gateway, in case both modes are configured. If SMS was sent via HTTP request, there is no possibility for a recipient to reply.
For SMS sent via GMS gateway only: when recipient replies to an SMS, it is possible to route the inbound SMS back to the original sender.
- When replying to SMS, prepend #extension to the message body. For example, to have the inbound SMS delivered to the user 360, write: #360 hello
- The user receives the message as Post-It in Collaboration:
Appendix: Analog fax machine
- Incoming Fax to FXS user. Detect fax and forward it to analog fax machine (with the possibility to send a copy to user’s email)
- Outgoing Fax from FXS user. Send faxes from a fax machine to trunk
- Virtual scanner. Use analog fax as a scanner (fax to email)