Call distribution in Call groups - English
Feb 20, 2018 21:04
This instruction explains how to edit the strategy of call distribution in Call groups and represents how users can be dynamically added to Call groups.
Updated: December 2017
WMS Version: 3.87
Online version: https://confluence.wildix.com/x/BAA8AQ
Call distribution in Call groups
Note: it is possible to add called numbers present in Dialplan procedures to Call groups.
Example: add the number 112233@test to the Call group, where “test” is the name of the existing Dialplan procedure, “112233” is the called number present in this Dialplan procedure. This ability can be useful for special configurations, for example, you can configure the Dialplan “test” to playback a special message to the caller.
- Go to WMS -> Dialplan -> Call Groups
- Select the group and click Edit strategy:
1 - Timeout: the maximum period of time in seconds, during which the system tries to connect the caller to a Call group member; after the timeout is reached, timeout set up in Seconds before calling all the members again field is applied; after which system will try to connect the caller to a Call group member again
Timeout set up in Dialplan application “Call group” = 40 seconds
Timeout set up for the Call group in Edit stategy -> Timeout = 15 seconds
Timeout set up in Edit strategy -> Seconds before calling all the members again = 5 seconds
System tries to connect the caller for 15 seconds, after 5 seconds of silence, system tries again to connect the caller for 15 seconds, after 5 seconds of silence the Dialplan execution proceeds to the next step, since the timeout set up in the Dialplan (40 seconds) has been reached.
2 - Announce frequency: enable notification of the position in the queue to the caller
3 - Announce hold time: if enabled, other than notification of position in the queue, notifies the caller of the estimated time limit before the response
Note: additionally, to enable Announce frequency and Announce hold time options, select Music on hold class in the Dialplan used for managing calls of the Call group:
4 - Priority: if you have two call groups with differing priorities (e.g., support and support-vip), agents present in both call groups receive the calls from the higher-priority queue comparing to calls from the lower-priority queue. Those agents will not receive any calls from the lower-priority queue unless there are no more calls in the higher-priority queue. (Normally, there will be some agents who are present only in the lower-priority call group, to make sure that those calls are also answered in a timely manner)
5 - Seconds before calling all the members again: enter the number of seconds
6 - Wrap up time: set up the timeout between the calls for one operator. The operator does not receive calls for the period of this timeout.
7 - Auto pause on no answer: if enabled, a Call group member is automatically paused for the duration period of Wrap up time (no, only this queue, for all queues):
- no: default Call group behavior. Call group members are not autopaused
only this queue: a Call group member is autopaused for the wrap up time only in the Call group in which this member didn't answer a call
Note: There is one known issue with Only this queue option:
In case a Call group member belongs to several call groups and he/ she has enabled Unavailable on away/ dnd in Collaboration → Settings → Contact center, the member's status is changed to Away in all call groups he/ she belongs to. If Unavailable on away/ dnd is disabled, a Call group member will be auto paused only in a call group where he/ she didn't answer a call.
- for all queues: a Call group member is autopaused for the wrap up time in all Call groups in case this member didn't answer a call in one Call group
- Queues with Call all 32 strategy do not support this feature!
- If Auto pause on no answer is enabled in WMS -> Dialplan -> Call Groups -> Edit strategy, it is necessary to specify Wrap up time
Important: Wrap up time must be different from 0!
8 - Auto pause delay: delay in seconds before auto-pausing in case a Call group member did not answer a queue call after the last call was answered. For example, Auto pause delay is set to 3 minutes and a Call group member receives a new call after 2 minutes. In case a Call group member doesn't answer the call, he/ she will not be auto-paused. If the next call is received within 3 minutes or more after answering the last one, a Call group member will be auto paused.
9 - Max length: maximum number of calls in queue, when the number is exceeded, other calls are not put to the queue but are routed according to the next step of the dialplan
10 - Dialplan: you can specify the Diaplan procedure here, allowing the caller to leave the queue by pressing a digit (a corresponding match must be present in this Dialplan procedure as "Called number") for further actions. For example, add Diaplan procedure with Called Number "1" and application "Dial the phone". The caller can leave the queue by pressing 1 and that call will be forwarded to the number specified in the application "Dial the phone".
11 - Strategy: set up the way the calls are distributed to the members of the Call group (Call All, Round Robin, Longest Idle, Fewest Calls, Linear)
- Call All 10: agents are called by groups of 10 (10+10+10+X) until one answers
- dynamically added users in this case receive the call together with the first 10 members
- Timeout specified in the first field is applied to each group of members
You have a group of 16 agents, Timeout = 30 seconds: the system tries to dial the first 10 agents for 30 seconds, then the remaining 6 agents for 30 seconds.
Note: in this case, if the Timeout set up in Dialplan application is less than 30 seconds, the second group of agents will never receive an incoming call.
- Call All 32: all available agents OR devices are called simultaneously until one answers (iOS / Android / Web devices are not supported)
- Round Robin: the next agent is selected on the list following the individual that received the last incoming call
- Longest Idle: the agent who answered the call the longest time ago is called
- Fewest Calls: call the agent who has the lowest number of answered calls
- Linear: agents are called sequentially starting from the first member on the list until an earlier person is no longer on the phone
- dynamically added users are called in the order in which they are added
Add agents to call groups
Limitation on the number of call group members
The number of call group members depend on the license type:
WGW250 – no limit
WGW90 – 32
WGW40 – 17
WGW16 – 10
WGW12 – 8
WGW8 – 6
Note: limitation does not apply for dynamically added call group members.
Dynamically added call group members
Users can be dynamically added to Call groups via:
- Feature Code “Call group management”, 97 by default
- WebAPI “Call group login”
- Contact center feature in Collaboration
These members are not displayed in WMS -> Dialplan -> Call Groups, but they are displayed via WebAPI interface.
These members do not disappear from the Call group after PBX restart; they can be removed in the same way they had been added (by Feature Code, via WebAPI or Contact center).
Contact center in Collaboration
Starting from WMS version 3.87, users can dynamically log into Call groups from Collaboration:
- Go to Collaboration Settings -> Contact center (or WMS -> Users -> Edit preferences -> Settings -> Contact center)
Check the groups you would like to answer for (status in call groups where you are statically added as a member via WMS cannot be changed on this page)
Enable Sign-on option
Enable the option Unavailable on away / dnd if you would like:
- to be auto-paused in all call groups when changing user status to " Away/ DND"
- In addition, if you also enable Auto pause on no answer in WMS -> Dialplan -> Call Groups -> Edit strategy, your status will be changed to Away in case of no answer within the timeout (specified in WMS -> Dialplan -> Call Groups -> Edit strategy -> Timeout or Dialplan application "Call group" -> Timeout) for the duration period of Wrap up time.
In WMS -> Dialplan -> Call Groups -> Edit strategy, the following parameters are set:
- Timeout is set to 5 seconds
Wrap up time is set to 10 seconds
Auto pause on no answer is set to only this queue
Unavailable on away / dnd is enabled in Collaboration Settings -> Contact center:
In this case if you don’t answer a call within 5 seconds timeout (Timeout set on Call group) you are put on pause in the current queue for the duration period of 10 seconds (Wrap up time set on Call group) and your user status changes to Away with expiration period of 10 seconds (because Unavailable on away / dnd is enabled and Wrap up time is set to 10). If Unavailable on away / dnd is disabled in Collaboration Settings -> Contact center, you are still put on pause in queue but your user status does not change to Away.
No sync between dynamic users added via WebAPI and via Contact Center (which means, users added via WebAPI cannot see that they are present in the group from Collaboration Contact center menu)
Call groups manager
First member of call group (even if added dynamically) becomes Call group manager and receives the missed call notification to email.
In case of using “call all” strategy, missed call is also assigned to the Call group manager.